How do you play Fan Ages?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

How do you play Fan Ages?

Drizzle and Offline-KI
61%
ULM and Offline-KI
3%
Drizzle and ULM
6%
just ULM
15%
Offline-KI and manual
6%
Drizzle and manual
No votes
just manual
3%
other
6%

Total votes : 33

Re: How do you play Fan Ages?

Postby Chuckles58 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 am

I agree that choice is good.

That said, so far all I've used to access fan made ages is ULM, which has been a good introduction to them.

Now that a year has passed since MOUL was shut down, I think I'll check out Drizzle and the Offline KI so that I can revisit some of my favorite MOUL spots (Minkata and Kveer to name a few. Bringing in the Myst V ages sounds exciting too.

I truly appreciate all the talent folks (GoW, GoMa and whoever else) that have put in the tireless hours into building the future of Uru. Once the Open Source Myst Online is released, we'll be a lot closer to making it a success due to all your hard work. Cheers!
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:00 am

Take my word Chuckles58, you will love the Offline KI and how easy it is to play around with.

Do not forget to check and possibly print, all the Ki commands...
http://diafero.bplaced.net/commands.html

The main Wiki page...
http://alcugs.almlys.org/
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:00 am

And if you wonder what else the Offline KI offers, check http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chuckles58 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:37 am

I installed Drizzle 19 and the Offline KI over the weekend. Wonderfully done! I enjoyed seeing myself running around the Myst V ages. The interface for downloading the fan-made ages was also very easy to use. I'm not sure yet how they work on my Relto bookshelf, as it seems that each book covers only one age, or a group of related ages. I guess you have to use the Nexus to access them.

I finally was able to go out and take a look at the creatures in Laki, as well as look at the birds in Noloben up close.

I'm glad that I answered the poll as I did, because that's how I'll play it from now on, Drizzle and Offline KI.

Cheers to those at Alcugs for making these available, and to everybody else (GoW, GoMa, etc.) making ages and improving the skills we'll need for Open Source Myst Online.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby diafero » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:02 am

Regarding the bookshelf, you can see its arrangement here: http://diafero.bplaced.net/bookshelf.jpg

I'm glad you like it :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chuckles58 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Thanks for the link to the bookshelf. That helps tremendously. Thanks for putting all the pod ages into one book.

I do have one question regarding Ahra Pahts. I loaded the age using UAM, then while exploring it, it seems that the shells are all empty (undeveloped) or reserved, with a few black spaces where a shell would go. How do you view the shells that have been created? Sorry if this was explained in the Ahra Pahts forum, but I searched the topics and didn't see anything, and figured this question was more focused on Drizzle and the Offline KI. Thanks in advance. I like the system of linking to the map age to move around the city quicker. What is that system/Age called?
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Chacal » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:45 pm

You should not see black spaces in Ahra Pahts, unless you explore it in fly-mode. You must not cross district boundaries in fly-mode, otherwise the next district will not load properly.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Chuckles58 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Ah, I see. Yes I did explore in flymode, although it doesn't seem that I saw any finished shells. All I saw were green lawns within all the walls of each shell.

Do the finished shells automatically load with the Ahra Pahts age in UAM? Or do I have to do something to get the shells?
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby ddb174 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:24 pm

All the shells are included when you download Ahra Pahts. For a list of what shells have contents, you could take a look here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/UAM/Ages/AhraPahts

And I'm glad you found it easy to use!
ddb174

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:48 am

Nanouk-GoW

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development