Offline KI: flymode question

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI: flymode question

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sat May 30, 2009 2:27 am

Good morning.

On the Offline KI commands list, I saw these entries re:flymode but since I am a computer illiterate, I cannot make sense of all of them. (last part)
Flymode control:

Esc: Toggle Flymode on/off
Up arrow: Move forward
Back arrow: Move backward
Left arrow: Rotate left
Right arrow: Rotate right
Comma: Move left / Rotate counter-clockwise / Rotate backward (depending on strafe key mode, set by F9)
Period: Move right / Rotate clockwise / Rotate forward (depending on strafe key mode, set by F9)
Space: Move up/down (hold to move, press to toggle)
Shift: Move/rotate faster
Caps lock: Accelerate move/rotation when key is hold

Insert: Reduce linear speed
Scroll lock: Reduce rotational speed
F9: Toggle between Strafe, X rotation, and Y Rotation modes for strafing keys
F10: Reset avatar's X, Y and Z axes
F11: Reset linear and rotational speed and position recalculation rate
F12: Increase position recalculation rate and print current rate and speeds to Python.0.elf

My goal is to reduce the speed(amount of movement in all directions for taking nice close-up screenshot images.

I tried the "Insert" key but I did not see any difference. I am not even certain if we are supposed to press it once or to hold it. Before or after activating the flymode ?

If somebody could explain this in newbee words, it would be much appreciated. ;)

Thank you for your time.
Nanouk-GoW

Re: Offline KI: flymode question

Postby ddb174 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:15 am

I just tested it out because I hadn't before. Make sure caps lock is off. Every time you tap the insert key, it slows down the speed you move forward at (but not the speed you rotate at). Every time you tap the ScrollLock key, it slows down the speed you rotate at When you want to go back to normal, hit F11. (You will need to hit insert several times before it slows down to what you want.)
ddb174

Re: Offline KI: flymode question

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sat May 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Just tried your instructions and it is working like a charm.

You are a good teacher ddb174. Image

Thanks for the help... again. :D

P.S.
For my purpose, I had to hit the keys 6 times.
Nanouk-GoW

Return to Plasma Development