UruAgeManager/Drizzle19

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: UruAgeManager/Drizzle19

Postby GregW11 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:00 pm

I think part of it may be things in the "Special Permissions" category, which only Administrators can have...

edit: really appreciate the books on the bottom shelf, I'm sure for the "spotlight" Ages, they helped me find many of the Ages that I had missed... Now it's off to get back to the Cleft and at the Myst V Ages!
GregW11

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Windows Vista uses a string match on the filename to determine if a program is an installer!? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! :shock: What the hell?
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby GregW11 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:29 pm

Wow, didn't think of it that way, it sounds like an antivirus program deleting something because it simply has the word "virus"/"trojan" in its filename. (meaning you'd never be able to play any strategy game in which a "trojan horse" is an available unit)

edit: I forgot to mention, when I was getting the errors, the Ubi and Cyan animations played, and only when it tried to do its initial load (it happens after the opening things for some reason) that was when the error popped up. But as I said, it's fixed now, and working properly.
GregW11

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:53 am

Nadnerb wrote:Windows Vista uses a string match on the filename to determine if a program is an installer!? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! :shock: What the hell?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The bad message is - yes, it does :(
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development