UruAgeManager/Drizzle19

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

UruAgeManager/Drizzle19

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Okay, the new version of Drizzle is now released! It is a tool that does numerous things, including download/installing Fan Ages, and converting Moul/Myst5/Crowthistle Ages for play in Uru.

The official page with installation instructions, walkthroughs and screenshots for the Ages, and a more detailed description is here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle

You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=224378&filename=Drizzle19.jar&a=37599338

New features:
-After Moul conversion, you can hear the shouting Bahro linking
-The Lake Light Meter is converted. (requires the just released Offline-KI 2.7.4)
New for Age Writers:
-'Age Report' for Age Writers now works within the UAM installation, and checks for missing .ogg files.
New bugfixes:
-The versions for the first item in the list now show correctly.
-64bit OSes should now work correctly.

Enjoy!
ddb174

Re: UruAgeManager/Drizzle19

Postby Jusme » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Any way to upgrade through Drizzle 18? If not, I'm sure I will have to re-convert MOUL and Myst V files again?

Never mind...edited for stupidity.....
Jusme

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:33 pm

I was toying with the idea of making an automatic upgrade option, but not everyone who uses it even has Uru, let alone use the UruAgeManager tab. As it is, all you do is save the new file to your computer and run it. You don't even have to delete previous versions: you can have Drizzle18.jar and Drizzle19.jar sitting side-by-side in the same folder. (And they will then use the same saved-settings file, too.)

You only need to reconvert MOUL if you want the Lake Light Meter and the linking sound for the Bahro Shouters. There is no reason to reconvert Myst5 at all. (Assuming the last time you converted was with Drizzle18.) I hope that answers your question!
ddb174

Postby Erik » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:48 am

What exactly do you mean with "After Moul conversion, you can hear the shouting Bahro linking"?

And thanks! :D
Erik

Postby Whilyam » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:12 am

When a Bahro (ferry/library) linked in, shouted, and linked out you sometimes didn't hear the linking in and out. Now it's better. The linking out sound is still a bit delayed.
Whilyam

Postby GregW11 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:38 am

I'm having the same issue with this one that I had with Drizzle18b...

Whenever I try to start the game, I get an error that some game files are missing or corrupted, and I have to reinstall Uru. Would this be caused by multiple Ages sharing the same sequence number?
GregW11

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:47 am

If the error repeats each time you try it, it is most likely not a sequence prefix issue because Uru usually removes such files. It sounds more like a sum-file issue. If you are using Vista, try to either move the Uru folder to your Desktop or change the access permissions to allow you normal suer writing in there (I don't know the exact steps, I don't use Vista). Then use Drizzle again.
If it is not Vista, try using PlasmaShop to re-sum all ages starting with Global* as well as CustomAvatars and Personal. That are the ages which are loaded on startup (if it is a new Avatar, also re-sum AvatarCustomization and Cleft).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 am

I changed the permissions first thing after I reinstalled (it gave me the same error before when I was trying to use it alongside ULM, and I had just installed the Offline KI). Do I have to finish the Cleft and arrive at my Relto first? (or get to the point where I have regular access to it again)

edit: I have a dummyages folder in my dat folder, looking inside it I see it's the langauge changer, portal calculator, etc. Do those have to be moved to dat folder?

another edit: I'm using a fresh profile, could it be the fact that the game is trying to load the KI that I haven't obtained yet?

last edit: I got it to work, turns out the only way to get it to work is to run as Administrator every time I play, a sort of hindrance but at least it's working for me!
GregW11

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:19 pm

great you got it fixed :)
Yeah, running as Admin is a good idea as you will end up in roaming hell otherwise. I was even told uru would not properly run without admin privileges, how did you get that working?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Erik » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Uru can run without admin privileges. I do. :P

Of course you need to allow users to modify the Uru folder (as I explained elsewhere). But, when you launch Uru, you still need to run it as Administrator, because the program is called Urusetup.exe. Because of the "setup" part, Windows think it's an installation program, even though it isn't. So, I made a copy of Urusetup.exe and called it UruCC.exe (you can give it any name you want) and launch it. That way you can run Uru without admin privileges properly.

:)
Erik

Next

Return to Plasma Development