Offline KI 2.7.4

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 2.7.4

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:28 am

Version 2.7.4 of the Offline KI (which is as usual available in UAM and on the website) brings the following changes:
* Now supports the city lake meter from Drizzle 19 (thanks to Andy Legate for his tutorial)
* New /set option for the city: "/set lakemeter 0|1"
* New command "/nexus" to link you there (for the really lazy :D )
* Disabled Kadish Gallery Blockers - thanks to Darien for the tip
* Removed changed Cleft SDL file which I accidentally put into the KI (to get the default Cleft state back, copy the SDL file from a clean TPOTS installation and remove the Cleft's sav file)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 2.7.4

Postby Darien » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 am

Best Offline Ki ever! :D

At first I couldn't get the lake meter to show up, but after running the MOUL conversion again with Drizzle 19 it shows up just like it's supposed to.
Darien

Postby Erik » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:07 am

Is there currently a way to run commands silently without showing the KI? I tried the /hideki command, but that disabled the KI completely so that typing commands and pressing enter doesn't work. I have some ideas for an Uru video that requires manipulating the environment (with the Offline KI commands), but I don't want the KI and the commands to be on screen of course. :P

If there isn't such a way, consider this a feature request. *puppy eyes*

:D
Erik

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:48 am

No, I would not know how that should be possible - the chat line where you enter stuff has to be visible if you want to type. In theory it is possible to bind any Python action to some special shortcut (like Dustin did the linking in his first release of the MOUL conversion). But using that in some user-defined way... not easy to do.
What exactly is it you want to do?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:39 pm

well, the old "uruconsole" worked by setting up an open port via python, and allowing you to connect to it outside of the game through telnet. This would probably work if you wanted to do some "invisibly triggered" things.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Assuming that the request was made with video capturing in mind this could be ruined by setting a telnet application in the foreground.

What you could do is make a KI command that schedules another command through a timer and sends it directly to ICheckChatCommands.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm assuming the video capture program isn't dumb as a rock. For instance, Fraps will certainly not disconnect from uru's rendering context, especially during recording, for something as simple as a focus switch to another application. Hopefully you weren't assuming the recording was being done in fullscreen mode?
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Erik » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:03 am

Nadnerb wrote:well, the old "uruconsole" worked by setting up an open port via python, and allowing you to connect to it outside of the game through telnet. This would probably work if you wanted to do some "invisibly triggered" things.

Tell me more! :D Is it easy to set up that "uruconsole"? I've never heard of it before.
Erik

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 am

Nadnerb wrote:well, the old "uruconsole" worked by setting up an open port via python, and allowing you to connect to it outside of the game through telnet. This would probably work if you wanted to do some "invisibly triggered" things.

I have that code here and once tried it, but it was a pain to use... it could take up to 10 seconds for a typed letter to be printed or for a command to be executed. For some strange reason I could decrease this time by switching to the game and doing something, like opening the KI - as if that would make uru look at the incoming networks messages, which I really don't understand since that stuff runs in a different thread.

D'Lanor wrote:What you could do is make a KI command that schedules another command through a timer and sends it directly to ICheckChatCommands.
I already suggested that to Erik, but he said he wanted to schedule several commands, so that will not easily work out.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby greendragoon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 am

Ok, this a bit of an off the wall idea, but I won't assume it can't be done till someone tells me it can't. What if the KI could load a external text document which had a list of KI commands and wait times, like a script? I'm taking a shot and guessing that this if for the purpose of shooting videos. We know that external documents can be loaded for things like the Jalek game. I realize that it would require the writing of a basic interpreter. The only flaw I see is that walking isn't controlled by the KI and it would be difficult for a person to match up movements with the predefined emote script.
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Next

Return to Plasma Development