Offline KI 2.7.4

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.4

Postby diafero » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:16 am

Agenotfound wrote:the SDL is if i'm not mistaken:
Code: Select all
VAR BOOL    islmTeledahnLinkLibraryExteriorVis[1]    DEFAULT=0 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

as for the reseting thing, i d'ont know but each time i install a knew Offline KI the state of the SDL i set in the city (manually i mean) is set back to default. It's true that i'm using a combinaison of parallel desktop and crossover games, being on a mac and that sometimes weird things happen while updating so the problem might be here.
and again it would be nice if you could do a simple command for the pedestral because these SDLs are awfully long.
Ah, now I see what you mean, and Dustin already said what to do. Modifying the SDL file is a very bad idea and basically an ugly work-around because it used to be easier than issuing the correct commands in-game. However, with the Offline KI installed, the latter is quickly possible with the command Dustin mentioned:
Code: Select all
/setsdl islmTeledahnLinkLibraryExteriorVis 1
This also ahs the advantage of instantly changing the environment without any restart required.

Tweek wrote:Basically what I was looking to do was to have an Avatar that had gotten past the Cleft without getting a Relto book. I was wondering if having the "Chat" feature enabled would allow for use of the /link <agenamehere> feature that could take me somewhere other than the Cleft without my book. I had tried jumping into the caldera and going to the Shaft instead of getting my book but doing that just links me back to the Cleft starting point.
How do you get pass the Cleft without getting a Relto book? As you said, jumping into the volcano does not work and that was done on purpose, because strange things can happen if you panic-link without a Relto. In the code, owning a Relto book and getting the first basic KI are directly tied to each other, so there is no way to enable any commands without a Relto book. Commands should work without getting the full KI though, with a strange bug in the current version of the output not being displayed. That will be fixed with an even more weird work-around in the next version.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Hm... even though it would be hard, getting the Sparlkie page (in the fire pit) without first getting the Relto book? Since I believe in MOUL this was the trigger to "link to Relto" since you start with a Relto there. It was either that or the book that added the second shelf to Relto that caused it, either way something that may, with the slightly converted Cleft (adding the sparklie page) cause the Avatar to link to Relto.

Getting the Sparkile page seems like the most logical of them, since that would make the game put it in the nonexistant Relto book, who knows what would happen...

edit: Nothing, just tried it and the sound comes but the game doesn't show anything (and there was no link). My only other thought is in the AvatarCustomization screen if the KI commands can be used, since it hasn't been established at that point that you have no Relto or KI.

edit: It wasn't that either, although it was entertaining to see the Avatar leave the confines of its "bubble" the game puts it in, where the "panic link" would be initiated it will instead take you to the monitor calibration screen...

On a completely different note: Is is possible to have animated Linking panels for every Age? (including the originals, not simply fan-made ones). Looking at the MystV Ages, not only are the panels animated, but they can be animated even in the "zoomed book" view you get from either Relto or looking at them from any CC/MOUL Age. Or would this be something involving internal game code? (more so than what the OfflineKI does, of course)
GregW11

Postby diafero » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:14 am

I am sorry I do not understand what you mean about the sparkly page and avatar customization and so on. In MOUL, you had your Relto book from the beginning on and had to go to the cleft to get a Relto page (which used to be where now the Relto book is) to get the four bahro columns for the first journey. I do not plan to bring this back as, like many other explorers, I think this completely breaks the explanation of how we got to the cavern. I would find it annoying if it was this way again.
If that is not what you meant, I don't really get it. How should I collect a Relto-page before I even have a Relto...?

As for the animated linking panels, yes it would be possible. However it would mean changing each and every Cyan age, much more than is necessary to get some MOUL features back. Besides, there are people who don't like animated linking panels. It would be a lot of work to produce all of them, and changing the book you see in "3d view" (before clicking on it and opening the GUI) would involve a lot of prp modifications.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Whilyam » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 am

Regarding Tweek's request, perhaps something could be rigged with you getting an invisible dummy version of Relto? After all, the DRC didn't have reltos on their hips both in Prologue or in MOUL (OOC). Also I too might be interested in getting a character past the cleft without a relto book. :lol:
Whilyam

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:52 am

I don't see a technical issue with getting a KI in the Cleft. In my personal mod the full KI is added as soon as the first visit to avatar customization. This was ported from the UU adminKI and it has never caused any problems online or offline.

The only issue is one of immersion. If you add the KI the Relto book comes along with it because they are interconnected in the bottom bar interface. It would probably not be easy to separate them.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:27 am

And that is exactly what I meant, D'Lanor. As far as I know, you would also see a Relto book at the avatar, because the code which adds the KI also adds the book there. or am I mistaken?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Erik » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:38 am

Spoiler about the Toroolbah update Show Spoiler
Erik

Postby diafero » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 am

I could only read what meant by quoting, spoilers are completely broken here... anyway, the answer is yes. Offline 2.8 is already uploaded and short before release, and it contains an updated panel :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:10 pm

diafero wrote:And that is exactly what I meant, D'Lanor. As far as I know, you would also see a Relto book at the avatar, because the code which adds the KI also adds the book there. or am I mistaken?

That is correct. However, that is just visual. As you know the actual functionality of the Relto book is in the bottom bar. The avatar does the "link to Relto" animation even if the book is not there on the avatar. You would grab the air and link to Relto, which is even worse for immersion. :D

Here is an idea. Since the Relto book cannot be easily removed, how about locking it with the PtSendKIMessage(kDisableEntireYeeshaBook, 0) command until the player has acquired a Relto?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:50 am

That seems to work fine, D'Lanor, thanks for the tip :)

@everyone: Since the Offline KI 2.8 got released, please now use the other thread for discussing :D

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development