Offline KI 2.7.4

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.4

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:56 am

Yep, it is in TPOTS, too
Code: Select all
    def OnFirstUpdate(self):
        PtSendKIMessageInt(kUpgradeKILevel, kMicroKI)
        PtSendKIMessage(kEnableKIandBB, 0)
        PtSendKIMessage(kEnableKIandBB, 0)
        PtSendKIMessage(kEnableYeeshaBook, 0)

Is that what you mean, Tweek, enabling it already in the Cleft and not only in Relto?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:10 am

I'll give "/link Garrison"ing another go, but, I don't remember it working last time I tried...

Also, did you see my previous requests, regarding the inclusion of the moul text of sharper's journals? (while keeping the text that is presently there, etc) and also the inclusion of a KI-IRC (configurable with server, port, and channel, say, in a .inf file)?
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:10 am

I want to touch existing ages as little as possible, so I don't really want to change BaronCityOffice aka Sharper's office, too. The aim is not copy copy MOUL as detailed as possible (as one can easily see ;-) ) but making everything we can get into Uru (TPOTS, MOUL, Myst V, Crowthistle and the huge amount of fan ages) accessible as good as possible.

I already heard a lot about KIRC and I think I even have the source somewhere on my disc, but it would be a lot of work including it just to add another (granted, very special) IRC client to the long list - currently I don't have that on my ToDo list.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 am

fair enough. =)

By the by, KI-IRC would allow some semblance of community gathering other than the shards, for those that do not wish to enter the shards.

But, aye, fair enough. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:07 pm

That is true, and I kind of like the idea... but I still do this for fun, and at least currently I have more fun working on other things (yes, OfflineKI 2.8 is in the works :D )

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:07 am

hokay, I gave "/link garrison" a go, but, i got the error "you have to collect a link to age Garrison before linking there" or something to that effect.

So, I can't go to garrison without using the relto totems, :<
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:16 am

Ah, you don't want to use them at all...?!? Why that, if I may ask? *me is confused* ;-)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:55 am

its a silly reason, but, i'd like to go to gahreesen without using the totems. Essentially, I like keeping them /all/ open. as in, the book showing. But, isn't there an SDL value for it, actually? Its a silly cosmetic issue, but, eh.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Chuckles58 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:25 am

I kept one of my MOUL avatars in an incompleted state in order to leave the cleft on Relto open. I could still get to the Cleft, but didn't put in the imager code. It would be nice to have a setting for that someday. That is if it is an easy thing to do.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:04 am

kaelisebonrai wrote:its a silly reason, but, i'd like to go to gahreesen without using the totems. Essentially, I like keeping them /all/ open. as in, the book showing. But, isn't there an SDL value for it, actually? Its a silly cosmetic issue, but, eh.
Yes there are SDL states for the totems, but I don't think they can overwrite the fact that you have a Gahreesen instance. Actually I don't think what you wanted was possible without the Offline KI either because even if you went to Gahreesen via the hood you would get the book (offline) and close the totem. After creating a new Avatar and linking to Relto, you should be able to run KI commands. The following might get you the full KI without going anywhere else (untested, make a backup of your Avatar first!):
/exec PtSendKIMessageInt(kUpgradeKILevel, kNormalKI)

Chuckles58 wrote:I kept one of my MOUL avatars in an incompleted state in order to leave the cleft on Relto open. I could still get to the Cleft, but didn't put in the imager code. It would be nice to have a setting for that someday. That is if it is an easy thing to do.
You mean like a command to get the fissure (I guess that is what you mean by "Cleft" which is usually the name for the age you start in)? Actually I had that in the KI once but it made problems when you used the Bahro Caves later on. You can still get the effect with /setsdl though:

/setsdl TeledahnPoleState 8
/setsdl KadishPoleState 8
/setsdl GarrisonPoleState 8
/setsdl GardenPoleState 8

Run these four commands in Relto and re-link.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development