Offline KI 2.7.4

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.4

Postby Chuckles58 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:39 am

Thanks Diafero, yes I was talking about the cleft-shaped fissure on Relto. I'll try that. I always thought that it would be a great Yeesha page, because the whole thing about Relto is to make it your own, with many options. For example I turn off the rain, grass and Ercana plants, but I like having them just in case I feel like changing things around.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:21 pm

While looking into enabling the KI already when you come to the Cleft, I found out that the very basic KI level you get when arriving at Relto for the first time is tied to the Relto book, and enabling that already in the Cleft does not only feel wrong, it could also create strange results. So the KI will still be enabled only after you went to Relto.
Now I have to find out why it does not always properly work though...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Darien » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:00 am

I've noticed that frequently I'll hear the bird screeches from the cleft in other ages. Since this sound is also associated with the MOUL Yeesha page that adds these birds to Relto, I'm assuming that it has something to do with the Offline Ki.

Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but its very odd to hear them in the Nexus. :shock:
Darien

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:43 am

Yes, I heard of others having these effects, too. The sounds do not work at all for me so I can hardly test that :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Agenotfound » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:57 am

Could it be possible to add a trigger for the banners and books int the city library as well as one for the teledhan pod in front of the building in the next Offline KI?

The SDLs already exists so that should not be too difficult i think and it would be really be nice because it's quite annoying to have to reset them each time a new KI is realeased.
Agenotfound

Postby Tweek » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:28 am

Just a thought, what about adding KIRC to it so people could chat to each other again?
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:09 am

Agenotfound wrote:Could it be possible to add a trigger for the banners and books int the city library as well as one for the teledhan pod in front of the building in the next Offline KI?

The SDLs already exists so that should not be too difficult i think and it would be really be nice because it's quite annoying to have to reset them each time a new KI is realeased.

There already is one for the banners and books in the library: /getlibrarybooks. It is wrong though that there is an SDL for it, they are controlled differently.
And what Teledahn pod do you mean...? Anything which has an SDL state can already be changed using /setsdl. In addition, the Offline KI does not reset anything besides the Relto Shelf and the Nexus Age list, so please don't accuse it of things it does not do.

Tweek wrote:Just a thought, what about adding KIRC to it so people could chat to each other again?
That has been suggested several times already, even in this thread. It would quite some work to do it, and I don't like it enough to put that much time into it. If anyone else wants to step up, let me know :)
Btw, you never replied to my question here and the other post regarding your previous request here.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Agenotfound » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:07 am

There already is one for the banners and books in the library: /getlibrarybooks. It is wrong though that there is an SDL for it, they are controlled differently.
And what Teledahn pod do you mean...? Anything which has an SDL state can already be changed using /setsdl. In addition, the Offline KI does not reset anything besides the Relto Shelf and the Nexus Age list, so please don't accuse it of things it does not do.

my mistake for the books in the library i always thought that this command set something in the Relto because it is displayed in the "KI commands section" along with things like /getyeesahpages or /getfirstweek and not in the "city" section.

as for the Teledhan pod i meant pedestral, the one we saw in all the trailers for ABM but that was not in the final game.

the SDL is if i'm not mistaken:
Code: Select all
VAR BOOL    islmTeledahnLinkLibraryExteriorVis[1]    DEFAULT=0 DEFAULTOPTION=VAULT

as for the reseting thing, i d'ont know but each time i install a knew Offline KI the state of the SDL i set in the city (manually i mean) is set back to default. It's true that i'm using a combinaison of parallel desktop and crossover games, being on a mac and that sometimes weird things happen while updating so the problem might be here.
and again it would be nice if you could do a simple command for the pedestral because these SDLs are awfully long.
Agenotfound

Postby Tweek » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:46 am

diafero wrote:Btw, you never replied to my question here and the other post regarding your previous request here.

Indeed I did not.

Basically what I was looking to do was to have an Avatar that had gotten past the Cleft without getting a Relto book. I was wondering if having the "Chat" feature enabled would allow for use of the /link <agenamehere> feature that could take me somewhere other than the Cleft without my book. I had tried jumping into the caldera and going to the Shaft instead of getting my book but doing that just links me back to the Cleft starting point.

Thanks for looking into it though.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby ddb174 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 am

Agesnotfound: you can't quite actually set it properly by modifying the .sdl file, you should type "/setsdl islmTeledahnLinkLibraryExteriorVis 1" and it will stay set then.
ddb174

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development