Offline KI 2.7.4

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.7.4

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:07 am

I second Tweek's request, I've been looking to do some things like that.

I'd also love a link to Gahreesen without having to use the relto totems =)

And, thirdly, I'd also love to see the Cleft Totem reinstated, even if it is only obtainable after you finish the journey.
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 am

Dangerzone wrote:In the episode "Scars" there were a series of things in/around the kahlo pub tunnel... specifically a multi-state collapse area in the back which changed at several points in the story (state one was the crack, state two were the barriers in the corner, and state three was the large pile of rocks behind the barriers)

There were also the memorial wreaths, imager memorial, and a set of barriers that were erected at the entrance of the tunnel...

Could you perhaps add a series of triggers for these in the next offline KI. (to see the different states)

It would also be cool of you could find a way to trigger the infamous "cave in sound effects" that many heard on that day throughout the city. (the sound file is "islmCave_In")
How easy that can be done depends on whether Cyan put that into an extra prp file. If yes, it should me relatively easy to make Drizzle convert that file and the Offline KI load it. If not, someone would have to manually add it. Taking a glance at the city prp files from MOUL, the latter sems to be the case :(

Tweek wrote:The ability to use the chat without the KI (like you could in at times in Prologue/UU/MOUL) so you can use the commands without getting a KI.
That one I don't really understand... which part of the KI do you want to be hidden and what should stay visible? If you hide the whole KI, the chat line would also be hidden.

kaelisebonrai wrote:I'd also love a link to Gahreesen without having to use the relto totems =)
What about the book in your Shelf or "/link Garrison"?

kaelisebonrai wrote:And, thirdly, I'd also love to see the Cleft Totem reinstated, even if it is only obtainable after you finish the journey.
That is one more of these PRP requests, it would have to be manually done (like the pub I spoke about above). GPNMilano did the manual PRP changes we have in there so far, so you either have to find someone else with the necessary skills or beg her :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:37 pm

I have an automated distribution system in the works, that got sidetracked a little by RL priorities. It works very well for distributing changes that would otherwise be done manually, such as changes in Uru files (prp, age, sdl, sum, fni).
I must start on it again, talk to Dustin about the possibility of integration with Drizzle, and talk with Zrax (or another competent programmer) about some missing but needed tools using libPlasma.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Usually when I do this sort of thing myself, I just code up the changes I want performed in Java, which isn't what you want, but that does mean that most of the work has already been done, and it wouldn't take too much to do the rest. E.g. I do all kinds of in-place modifications for .age, .fni, .sdl, .prp files. (By the way, I got the dynamic textures on the Relto bookshelf book covers now.)

So, you would like it to read a script (that possibly consists of lines that could also be command lines to Drizzle as described in the libPlasma thread) and remove or add prp objects? And also things like removing/adding entries from .age files?
ddb174

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Okay, I see what you mean: to have it in the tools section of UAM. Yes, that should be quite doable, though I'm a little worried that people will break something (possibly because of applying incompatible modifications) and not knowing what they're doing. E.g. installing Offline-Ki 2.7.3, doing one of these mods, installing Offline-KI 2.7.4, then reverting a mod, and this can result in inconsistent prp sets. Being in the UAM section they might assume that it all works together. Any thoughts on this?

Anyway, I do think this whole thing is a good idea.

Edit: I think Chacal's post just disappeared on me :P
ddb174

Postby Chacal » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:50 pm

ddb174 wrote:And also things like removing/adding entries from .age files?

Yes, it already does that and more. I sent you a PM.

EDIT: it seems we have cross-posted. I removed my answer and sent you a PM instead.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Tweek » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:25 pm

In Uru Prologue and other versions, you could use the chat system before getting your KI, it showed up as a little icon at the bottom of the screen like the reltobook/ki/game settings etc and simply said "chat"

click it would allow for text input and communication with other players before you got your KI (some people would talk to you when you first got online at the Cleft, this allowed for you to communicate back).

What I was requesting, was this feature returning. It would allow for players to use KI commands before getting their KI like the /link Gahreesen thing.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:50 am

As far as I remember, that is already in there... at least I never removed it. There might some bugs due to it being untested though, but I am sure I saw the "Chat" button and was able to type commands when I created a new avatar last time.

As for the distribution system, we already talked about this, and it could indeed be a very good idea and remove the need of distributing some more files :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Erik » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:39 am

diafero wrote:As far as I remember, that is already in there... at least I never removed it. There might some bugs due to it being untested though, but I am sure I saw the "Chat" button and was able to type commands when I created a new avatar last time.

Nope, I tested it a while ago and there was no chat button.
Erik

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:46 am

The single chatline was only enabled once you completed the Cleft and linked to Relto. I believe Tweek is requesting to have it right from the start. That would be a Python tweak to be done upon arrival in the Cleft.

Code: Select all
        PtSendKIMessageInt(kUpgradeKILevel, kMicroKI)

This code should already be in Relto in Personal.py under OnFirstUpdate (at least it was in Prologue, UU and MOUL).

Edit: And immediately after that the UU Personal.py file also does this in Relto unconditionally:
Code: Select all
        PtSendKIMessage(kEnableKIandBB, 0)
        PtSendKIMessage(kEnableKIandBB, 0)
        PtSendKIMessage(kEnableYeeshaBook, 0)

Yep, that line is in there twice... :?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development