undocumented name reference fix?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

undocumented name reference fix?

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 pm

I just noticed that when I use a named reference in Alcscript PyPRP now writes that name to the prp file. Previously this name was used for internal reference only and PyPRP exported every Plasma object with the name of the scene object, which could be rather confusing. So now I can for example call a PythonFileMod cPythBlahblah and a responder cRespDoSomething conform Cyan naming standards.
Now I like this new behavior but if this was a fix shouldn't it have been mentioned somewhere?

My previous trunk download was around May 22 but I don't see any logs after that date which could have had anything to do with this. I did upgrade Blender to 2.49 though. So was this really fixed or was custom naming always the intended behavior which only now has become effective by something Blender 2.49 does differently?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Re: undocumented name reference fix?

Postby Nadnerb » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Um... I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Non-sceneobject objects have always been written with the names given to them in alcscript, and have defaulted to the sceneobject name only if a name was not given.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Re: undocumented name reference fix?

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:48 pm

They never did for me before. Anyway, question answered... so it was always intended.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Return to Plasma Development