missing .sum files

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

missing .sum files

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:10 am

today I decided to convert MOUL ages via Drizzle. Now, I did everything necessary to get them to convert, but when I clicked convert, after awhile, it gave me an error. I looked in my URU CC game files, and the MOUL ages were there, but their sum files were missing. I recalled seeing a "create .sum file" button in Drizzle, so I tried pressing that, but it said to ask Dustin to fix it :P. If it worked, would that button fix my problem? If not, what would?
Justintime9

Re: missing .sum files

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:08 am

If you are really sure the error occured during sum-file creating and not on some of the prp files which are converted as last ones, you can use PlasmaShop to create the correct sum files.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Ok, well, I noticed that the sum files are converted when I do it manually (so I just converted the sum files manually). However, some .sum files are missing from my MOUL files, so PlasmaShop would probably be the best.

Edit: Jalak and Minkata still don't work... I've noticed that whenever i try to convert all files at once, either through simplicity, or manual, it ALWAYS gives me this error:

Console:stderr: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Justintime9

Postby ddb174 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Is that the full error, or was there more in the log? Also, what version of Drizzle were you using, and what version of Windows, and is it 32bit or 64bit?

The sum files will not be created if there is a critical error earlier in the process, because it stops at that point. That is what happened here.
ddb174

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:28 am

There is quite a bit more of the error, but it was so long, I wasn't sure I should put it all in, but if it'd help get an idea of what went wrong, here is is:
Code: Select all
Starting conversion...
Error: Unable to copy file E:\Program Files\Gametap\Cyan Worlds\Myst Online/sfx/xBS-BahroRing_Dissolve.ogg to E:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Myst Uru Complete Chronicles/sfx/xBS-BahroRing_Dissolve.ogg
Error: Error reading file:E:\Program Files\Gametap\Cyan Worlds\Myst Online\dat\GuildPub-Cartographers_District_Pub.prp:E:\Program Files\Gametap\Cyan Worlds\Myst Online\dat\GuildPub-Cartographers_District_Pub.prp (The system cannot find the file specified)
Console:stderr:Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
Console:stderr:java.lang.NullPointerException
Console:stderr:   at uru.Bytestream.createFromBytes(Bytestream.java:81)
Console:stderr:   at automation.mystAutomation.convertMoulToPots(mystAutomation.java:1357)
Console:stderr:   at automation.moul.convertMoul(moul.java:67)
Console:stderr:   at gui.Gui.jButton114ActionPerformed(Gui.java:4855)
Console:stderr:   at gui.Gui.access$1400(Gui.java:50)
Console:stderr:   at gui.Gui$17.actionPerformed(Gui.java:1076)
Console:stderr:   at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
Console:stderr:   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm using version 19 of Drizzle, Windows XP, and by 32 or 64 bit, I'm assuming you mean screen resolution (32 or 16 bit color), if that's what you mean, it's 32 bit.

I also noticed this time around (I reinstalled URU, after what happened below) that some of the PRP files aren't being converted either, but when I convert SUM and PRP files manually, they convert just fine. I would do that, but last time I tried converting all the files in the manual conversion list (age by age, including GUIs), my avi came out like this when I started URU:

Justintime9

Postby diafero » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:27 pm

:lol: Which is exactly why you should not use manual conversion unless you know *exactly* what you are doing and why :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:29 pm

yeah... I learned that the hard way :lol: :P
Justintime9

Postby Chacal » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:37 pm

That looks painful.
I know a good chiropractor if that would help.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Chacal wrote:That looks painful.
I know a good chiropractor if that would help.

I think a trip to the bone surgeon is in order...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:58 pm

so, looking at the error log, can anyone see what my problem is?
Justintime9

Next

Return to Plasma Development