missing .sum files

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: missing .sum files

Postby Mystler » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:42 am

Don't use the (i think this was the problem) GlobalAnimations (or GlobalClothing?) age files from the manual conversion files. I had this problem too and nice videos.^^
Mystler

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:36 am

Ya, that makes sense, although, if that's the case, how do I convert avatar animations and clothing from MOUL?
Justintime9

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:52 am

Just use the normal Conversion which converts the animations fine. Clothes can hardly be added to TPOTS in an automated manner since they are all in one file, so the Offline KI contains the converted cloths.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:34 am

Simplicity aparently didn't convert the animation files correctly, the MOUL avatar animations and bahro flyers don't work. The lake meter works tho :D
Justintime9

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:58 am

Well, I tried manual conversion again, this time being more careful. I made backups of some ages. I converted all the city age files from MOUL, but it crashed when I tried to link there. I know I need some of those files to see the bahros, but which ones do I convert, and which ones don't I?
Justintime9

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:33 am

Why should it work through manual conversion if it does not work with the automatic one?

Here is the list of files from the city which automatic conversion processes:
"city_District_islmLakeLightMeter.prp", "city_District_bahroFlyers_arch.prp", "city_District_bahroFlyers_city1.prp", "city_District_bahroFlyers_city2.prp", "city_District_bahroFlyers_city3.prp", "city_District_bahroFlyers_city4.prp", "city_District_bahroFlyers_city5.prp", "city_District_bahroFlyers_city6.prp",
However simplicity also sets come settings according to the need of the currently converted files, so you should carefully check the "Settings" tab of manual conversion. I think reseting them to the default should give you at least almost the same result as Automatic conversion.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:11 pm

The error log you posted indicates that this file is missing perhaps: E:\Program Files\Gametap\Cyan Worlds\Myst Online\dat\GuildPub-Cartographers_District_Pub.prp

Can you check to see if that file exists?
ddb174

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Well, unfortunately I am missing the prp files for all the guild pubs but the writers, and the livebahrocaves. Would that fact that these MOUL files are missing cause the whole of manual conversion to not work?
Justintime9

Postby ddb174 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:01 pm

No, but they would cause Simplicity to not work. Manual conversion is affected by many settings and is intended for advanced users only. (Hence it being under the Advanced tab.) When you convert an Age with it, you must be sure to select all the files belonging to that Age, including the .age, .fni, and .sum files.
ddb174

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:14 am

Ah, I meant to say simplicity :P O well, at least I can convert most of the stuff.

Edit: I converted only those files, but when I tried linking to the city, it crashed! I assumed the SUM file was probably not up to date, so sure enough, in plasmashop, there was only one PRP file in it. After updating it, I tried again, this time it for further, then it crashed. In fact, I actually caught a glimpse of ferry terminal a split second before it crashed. What could be causing this?
Justintime9

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development