missing .sum files

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: missing .sum files

Postby ddb174 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:51 am

What does the log say after converting the city files? (By the way, manual may list files that are broken; as I say, it's not supported and intended for advanced users.)
ddb174

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:08 am

Well, I decided to do a search for the missing files, and I actually found them hiding in some old folder :P Anyway, after putting those files in, I tried simplicity, and it worked!I started URU, all the ages that didn't work are there. There's only one problem, even after doing simplicity, I still get the error in the city where it starts linking, and crashes mid link. I even deleted the city files, and added the files from a city backup folder, and then tried simplicity on it, and I get the same error! Here's the log:

Code: Select all
Checking the folders you gave...
Starting conversion...
Error: Unable to copy file E:\Program Files\Gametap\Cyan Worlds\Myst Online/sfx/xBS-BahroRing_Dissolve.ogg to E:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Myst Uru Complete Chronicles/sfx/xBS-BahroRing_Dissolve.ogg
Dont forget to run SoundDecompress.exe in your Pots folder, in order to get the sounds working!  (You can also click the SoundDecompress button on the form if you prefer.) (If SoundDecompress crashes, it means you have to log into Uru, quit, then try again.)
Conversion completed!
SoundDecompress launched!
Justintime9

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:43 am

Are you *sure* the old city backup is a plain unpatched TPOTS? Please check at least twice, I remember restoring files from a "backup" that were even more broken than the previous one :D . You also have to make sure that *all* files starting with city* got removed.
Besides, did you try linking there after putting in the backup and before using Drizzle again?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:24 pm

What I did is I deleted all the current city files. Then I went to a backup I made before I added drizzle and the offline KI, and copied all the city age files into my drizzled version of URU. I started URU and tested to see if it worked, and it did. I then went back to drizzle and re-downloaded the offline KI (to get the pod books and stuff), then started URU, and it linked fine. Finally, I went to manual conversion, and converted the files, started URU, and when I linked there, I got the error. So it's clearly a problem with the manual conversion, or something that it does.
Justintime9

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Yeah, that can be - only the automatic conversion is supported because when you do the manual wrong there is a whole lot you can do wrong. You could try converting them one-by-one (the Offline KI only loads what is available, some files missing can result in graphics issues, but usually not in crashes). Then you would find out which file is the problematic one.

The reason why automatic conversion does not work is that some ages are missing in your MOUL source files, if I understood correctly? Then I doubt future versions of Dizzle will help, we can not just skip files and hope everything still runs fine.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:40 pm

Well, I converted the required city files one by one, and discovered that the file that's causing it to crash is
"city_District_bahroFlyers_city1.prp". All the other files work fine. Any Idea why that file wouldn't work?
Justintime9

Previous

Return to Plasma Development