Drizzle issues

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle issues

Postby Erik » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:55 am

Phew, glad it works now! I'm sorry for not thinking about it earlier. :oops:

Enjoy! ;)
Erik

Postby ddb174 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:03 am

Okay, I added this to the wiki!
ddb174

Postby Jusme » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Non-related but still a drizzle issue?...After having all the subsequent releases of Drizzle and playing with them non-stop it seems...I did have one 'glitch' if there is such a word with release 20...After starting the avvie in 19 and completeing the original ages, I upgraded to 20 and then continued to play with the avvie getting all the pod ages and Minkata. Then I attempted to play Ercana and while in the middle, after getting to the top with the harvester and turning on the light switches..I was just ready to enter the 'Grist Mill' area...My screen froze but the music still played..I left it as is for about 10 minutes with no change...Crtl-Alt-Del to quit...OK..Started the game back up...My avvie was gone...all the others are there...strange...not upset...just letting you know what happened.
Jusme

Postby diafero » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:20 am

Er'cana is also know to make problems (like bluescreens) in a plain unpatched TPOTS, perhaps that is what caused your problem?
What did you do after upgreding to Drizzle 20? Drizzle itself does not change anything in Uru. You have to download or convert things in order to have any effect on the game.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jusme » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:30 pm

So after upgrading to a new version of Drizzle, regardless of the version, I need to convert again? I'm using CC....
Jusme

Postby ddb174 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:44 pm

You only need to reconvert if there is some new feature you want. For example, when Drizzle21 comes out, a lot of people will want to reconvert to get the Sparklies and Relto storm page. But it's optional. Like Fero says, it was probably just the regular Er'cana crash bug: many people, myself included, sometimes BSOD or otherwise crash in Er'cana and always have.
ddb174

Postby Jusme » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 am

Yes, I've experienced the crash 'bug' in Ercana as well in the past, however, I've never lost an avvie because of it..Not a problem....New issue, if you will, using Drizzle 20 and conversions are done, I no longer have use of the Relto book in the Rainy Cleft. Is this by design? I obviously had no problems up to this point using the book since I was able to get to the rainy cleft...just curious...
Jusme

Postby diafero » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:28 am

That is not caused by Drizzle but by Offline KI 2.8.1 and will be fixed in version 2.8.2 :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jusme » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Thank you for you prompt reply..answered my not no prompt question... :?
Jusme

Previous

Return to Plasma Development