Drizzle issues

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle issues

Postby Erik » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:43 am

Did you try to install the Official No-CD Patch in Drizzle to see if that would make any difference?

ddb174 wrote:Is there something about applying the security changes to all subfolders? (Sorry, I don't have Vista to test with.)

It does that automatically...

I think you did the security changes well, because otherwise Drizzle wouldn't even have been able to install the Offline KI! So the fact that something is now wrong, confirms that Drizzle was able to change things, so the security settings must have been set up okay.

The My Games folder is actually called Saved Games in Vista and is located in your user folder... You could try to move it there as a test, but I don't think it will make any difference, because you did change the permissions of the Uru folder.
Erik

Postby diafero » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:03 am

I think you did the security changes well, because otherwise Drizzle wouldn't even have been able to install the Offline KI! So the fact that something is now wrong, confirms that Drizzle was able to change things, so the security settings must have been set up okay.
Are you sure that Vista would not just let Drizzle write into the roaming directory? We often had the issue of files ending there.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:51 pm

It could be an unrelated problem, like the increase in memory usage, is indirectly causing a problem. It would be good to narrow it down, but it's hard to say. You did install Offline-KI using the UruAgeManager tab in Drizzle right?
ddb174

Postby Lostthyme » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:56 pm

Yes, I installed it using the UAM tab in Drizzle. I'm going to reinstall URU again and hopefully narrow down the problem a little more.
Lostthyme

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Yeah, especially try starting uru right before installing the Offline-KI and again right after.
ddb174

Postby Lostthyme » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:15 pm

Okay, I reinstalled URU and this is what happened.

Installed URU: it worked
Changed security settings: it worked
Downloaded Offline KI: files missing or corrupted

So it's definitely something about the offline KI. I could be downloading to the wrong spot, I'm not sure. Any tips now that we know for sure what's messing it up?
Lostthyme

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Hmm... very strange. Do you start Uru with the "Launch Uru" button in Drizzle, or do you use the regular way of clicking on the icon? Whichever way you do, give the other way a try.
ddb174

Postby Lostthyme » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 pm

I get the "files missing or corrupted" error when I click the icon, and Drizzle tells me that it's "unable to launch URU" when I try to start it from there.
Lostthyme

Postby Erik » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 pm

I'm sorry... I forgot something... :oops:

There are 2 options:
- To start Uru, you need to go to the Uru folder and launch UruSetup.exe (not Uru.exe). You will get a pop-up, because Uru wants admin rights (Vista thinks it's a setup file, because of the name).
- Because Uru no longer needs admin rights, you can also do this: in the Uru folder, copy UruSetup.exe and give it a name (e.g. UruCC.exe) and launch that new file. It will no longer ask you for admin rights.

Hopefully that is what went wrong. I'm sorry for forgetting about this. :oops:
Erik

Postby Lostthyme » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Ah, yes. That made it work. Thanks for all of your help everyone.
Lostthyme

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development