Drizzle issues

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle issues

Postby Lostthyme » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Hello everyone. I'm just passing on through from MystCommunity since I'm having problems.

I just started using Drizzle today, and it seems I've already managed to mess things up. I thought I did everything right, but when I pulled up URU to start playing, I got this error after the Cyan Worlds logo:

Some game files are missing or corrupted. Please reinstall URU.

Do I seriously have to completely reinstall everything now, or is there a way this can be fixed? I didn't delete anything from the folders, and I have no clue how I would have managed to corrupt any files.

I'm completely confused.
Lostthyme

Re: Drizzle issues

Postby ddb174 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 pm

What did you do exactly? So, you had a working Pots/CC installatation? Did you install Offline-KI? Did you install any Fan Ages? Did you try to convert something like Moul? Did you follow instructions somewhere?
ddb174

Postby Lostthyme » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 pm

I followed some instructions... This is what I did:

1. I changed the security on the Uru: Complete Chronicles folder since I have vista
2. Opened Drizzle and installed Offline KI
3. And I downloaded some fan Ages.

That's about it. I didn't convert any files, since I don't have MOUL. Maybe that's the problem?
Lostthyme

Postby ddb174 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:53 pm

That should have worked... Had you tested the CompleteChronicles installation at all before doing any of these things? And which instructions did you follow for changing the folder security in Vista? (Because I know some people don't quite do it correctly, and it results in this problem.)
ddb174

Postby Lostthyme » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:04 pm

No, I didn't check to see if it worked beforehand. But it was working perfectly fine last time I used it, and I hadn't messed with any of its files since then. I think I followed the instructions printed in the last Guild of Messengers newsletter, so I don't think the problem is there, that should be accurate. Unless I still managed to do it wrong, which is very likely... hmm...
Lostthyme

Postby Erik » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:26 am

I'm sorry to hear that the instructions didn't work for you. They really should and you did everything right as far as I can tell.

Perhaps you could try to re-download (and thus re-install) the Offline KI through Drizzle. Perhaps something went wrong with installing it. Also download the official no-cd patch to be sure, if you haven't done so yet.

And did you have flymode in Uru before you installed Drizzle? If so, it could be that that conflicts with the Offline KI, but that's a question for the developers.
Erik

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:54 am

Flymode does not touch the prp files though, so even though it is incompatible, that would result in different problems.

The message indicates that either you (for some reason) had some prp modifications in your installation even before you installed Drizzle or that the Vista roaming mechanism again did something strange (I would expect the latter to be the case). You could try to move your Uru directory to the "My Games" folder of your own user and then install the Offline KI again - prp issues with the other ages would not show that message on startup already.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lostthyme » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:53 pm

I would try to move it to the My Games folder, but I don't know where that is.

If it helps narrow down the options a bit, I uninstalled/reinstalled URU and had it working again, and then I changed the security, downloaded Offline KI, and decompressed the sounds. One of those three things must be what's messing it up, because URU's showing the same error now.
Lostthyme

Postby ddb174 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Is there something about applying the security changes to all subfolders? (Sorry, I don't have Vista to test with.)
ddb174

Postby Lostthyme » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:25 pm

I don't know. I just assumed that if I changed the security on the main URU folder that it would apply to the changes to all subfolders as well.
Lostthyme

Next

Return to Plasma Development