Missing one ring from original ages

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Missing one ring from original ages

Postby dagra7 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:03 pm

So I started a game of Uru:CC, and then I installed Drizzle (thanks, by the way - it's awesome!). Everything is working fine so far, but the one age I completed before installing Drizzle is missing its little ring wedge. I tried to go back and get it, but no soap. Is there any way to go back and get the wedge now that the other ages are complete? Or am I cursed with an incomplete ring until I start a new game?
-------------------------
Cheers,
Dagra7
dagra7

Re: Missing one ring from original ages

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:20 am

I assume you installed the Offline KI, too, since Drizzle does just copy the ages without any way to reach them or integration into existing ages? Please also tell us the version number of the Offline KI you have installed (run the "/info" command to see it).
For your problem, you can get the bottom wedges by going back to the Bahro caves and putting the pillar back to your Relto. After you did that, you can also once again put the pillars to the cave, the wedge will stay.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dagra7 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Except that when I went back to the Bahro cave, the hand symbol was missing - I assumed I had missed my chance and kept going. My Offline KI is version 2.7.4.
Cheers,
Dagra7
dagra7

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 pm

dagra7 wrote:So I started a game of Uru:CC, and then I installed Drizzle (thanks, by the way - it's awesome!). Everything is working fine so far, but the one age I completed before installing Drizzle is missing its little ring wedge. I tried to go back and get it, but no soap. Is there any way to go back and get the wedge now that the other ages are complete? Or am I cursed with an incomplete ring until I start a new game?

If you know from what age you are missing a wedge, you could try deleting that age's book in Relto and replay the age.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby dagra7 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:33 pm

That worked, thank you! I thought since I had already finished the original levels and returned the bahro poles to the cave that it was maybe too late, but I returned to the cave, touched the hand to return that pole to Relto, returned myself to Relto, returned again to the cave, re-touched the hand, and then returned to Relto again. When I returned, my fourth piece had appeared. Mucho gracias.
Cheers,
Dagra7
dagra7

Postby diafero » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:17 am

dagra7 wrote:Except that when I went back to the Bahro cave, the hand symbol was missing - I assumed I had missed my chance and kept going. My Offline KI is version 2.7.4.

Strange, I never had the hand symbol missing in the cave. Glad you found a different solution :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:21 pm

The only time the hand symbol was missing was when I had finished the game (been to Rainy Cleft, saw the "Perhaps the ending has not yet been written" message) and simply using "/link BahroCave" got them back.
GregW11

Return to Plasma Development