Crashing on Eder Tsogal

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Crashing on Eder Tsogal

Postby dagra7 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Problems never come in singles, do they :oops: I was playing happily, just finished Eder Delin (it was so nice to be back there again - my fave MOUL age), and all of a sudden, the game had a catastrophic crash when I tried to access Eder Tsogal. I restarted Uru, and it did it again. I've attached a screenshot of the error message; I'm using Drizzle 19 and Offline KI 2.7.4. Suggestions would be welcome.
Attachments
Uru Error.JPG
Uru Error.JPG (24.9 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
-------------------------
Cheers,
Dagra7
dagra7

Re: Crashing on Eder Tsogal

Postby tachzusamm » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:56 pm

It happend when you tried to link to Tsogal, hm.
I remember there was a problem with Tsogal, when the language of URU was not set to english.
(Because you're in Canada, I assume you used french?)

There must be a link somewhere to a registry file which patches the language used by URU to english... *currently searching*
Or, umm, wasn't Drizzle able to change the language, or another tool?

EDIT: Yes, found it here:
http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle
Scroll down to "Crash when linking to Tsogal" and you'll find the registry file.

EDIT2: You could also download the LanguageChanger with Drizzle, which allows you to change between English, French and German.
In Drizzle: UAM Tab, Get Latest List (where all the other ages can be found)
tachzusamm

Postby dagra7 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:58 am

I'm pretty sure I only have English downloaded (I may speak a little French, but it's definitely not my first language), but I'll give it a try anyway. Maybe it installed another language without my realizing. Thanks!
Cheers,
Dagra7
dagra7

Postby Chacal » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 am

Try converting it again with Drizzle.
Also it may be a good idea to delete the Tsogal .sav file.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:19 am

It is not abound anything being downloaded (form where, btw?) or installed but about the language being used. You can easily see that by looking at the KI. Does it say "AGE PLAYERS", "SPIELER DIESER WELT" or something French? If it is the first, the language is not your problem. Besides, I implemented a safety check some months ago that does not let you link to Tsogal with a non-English client.
Did you have any errors during conversion? Could you try to re-run it and re-download the Offline KI?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Erik » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:50 am

Tsogal has never worked on my pc either... :( I even re-installed Uru a few times, but to no avail. I guess Tsogal just doesn't work on some computers.
Erik

Postby GregW11 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Odd, it's worked on mine no problem...

What method of Linking are you using? Are you going through the Bevin or are you using the "/link" command?
GregW11

Postby Erik » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:43 am

I've tried both... nothing worked. I don't even get a stack error, but a back screen (with the hotspots for the KI and Relto book in place, like sometimes happened in MOUL as well). Everything else works... It must be a bug somewhere, in combination with my hardware perhaps.
Erik

Postby ddb174 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:01 am

Interesting... sometimes Tahgira crashes for me and other people. But if I link from Direbo to the 1st pedestal(i.e. the 2nd button), I rarely/never crash, and can link around inside the Age all I want and go anywhere. And I think with Tahgira, when we compared video cards, they were similar makes (like nVidia 6000 series or something.) And of course, many people (myself included) often crash in Er'cana, and that isn't even a converted Age ;)
ddb174

Postby dagra7 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Sorry I haven't linked back in a while. The registry fix for French and German worked. I never saw any French or German anywhere, so Idon't know where that came from, but the fix worked, so I'm happy. Thanks for all your help :)

Cheers,
Amanda
Cheers,
Dagra7
dagra7

Next

Return to Plasma Development