Drizzle20 (includes UruAgeManager)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle20 (includes UruAgeManager)

Postby ddb174 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Okay, the new version of Drizzle has been released, and it is now multilingual! It is a tool that does numerous things, including downloading/installing Fan Ages, and converting Moul/Myst5/Crowthistle Ages for play in Uru.

The official page with installation instructions, walkthroughs and screenshots for the Ages, and a more detailed description is here: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle

You can download it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/drizzle/files/drizzle/Drizzle20.jar

New features:
-Now in German and French as well! Simply change between languages in the lower-right.
-Conversion has some improved speed and memory usage.
-'Raininess' slider lets you set the brightness/darkness of Drizzle!
-UAM consistency checker now checks for .sum file problems.
-UAM consistency checker now checks for duplicate page ids.

Enjoy!
ddb174

Re: Drizzle20 (includes UruAgeManager)

Postby tachzusamm » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Good job, Dustin.
Hehe, the user interface had to be extended in width to let the buttons carry german or french texts. :D
That's often a problem with some "multilingual" software - some text just clips, so you would no longer understand anything. But you did well. Bravo!

(But I did not find this 'Raininess' slider? Where should it appear?)
EDIT: nvm. Misc, Sonstiges, Divers. Ha!
tachzusamm

Postby ddb174 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:50 pm

It's good to hear that you like it tach!

I can't believe that I forgot to mention, but as it says in the credits, the German translation was done by L.K. and the French translation was done by Chacal! I meant to thank them in the original post. Of course, I just sent them phrases without context, so any mistakes are likely my fault! One may encounter phrases that are still in English in the log: if so, feel free to send them to me or post them here, and I'll try to get them in the next version.
ddb174

Postby GregW11 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks for the new version! Is a checker for updates to Drizzle itself possible?
GregW11

Postby ddb174 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:06 pm

About Drizzle checking for updates to Drizzle: I could easily be added as a utility with the others in UAM. But I would be a little worried about people winding up with multiple versions of Drizzle in the Uru folder and then starting older ones by mistake. I suppose I could put a message in the next Drizzle, where if it finds a newer version in the Uru folder on startup, then it simply warns them saying that they probably want to be running that instead. Another downside would be that the first time that they switch to using the versions stored in the Uru folder, that their settings wouldn't carry over unless they copied the settings file over.
ddb174

Postby Jusme » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:44 pm

ddb174 wrote:But I would be a little worried about people winding up with multiple versions of Drizzle in the Uru folder and then starting older ones by mistake.

I, for one, think the way you have been doing this is superb...I wouldn't change anything. Having to convert files and do the sound compression is just a few minutes, so it's no biggie to me. Time to get up off the keister and get some real stuff done...LOL.

Great job, and thank you (and all the other fingers in the pie) again for all your hard work and time in this endeavor.....
Jusme

Postby Chacal » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Beware of feature creep... :)
As I told you Justin, you don't give yourself a lot of credit.
You only mention "conversion" in the help file, as if it was some minor functionality.
What about UAM and the rest of Drizzle?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Erik » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:47 am

It appears the UAM server is down... :(

By the way, I could provide a Dutch translation if you like.
Erik

Postby Old Wolle » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:56 am

Erik wrote:It appears the UAM server is down... :(

I controlled it and the server is running fine without problems.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Erik » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:12 am

Well, I can't even go to http://the-ancient-city.de/uru-ages/ in my browser... I've never had problems with it before. :?
Erik

Next

Return to Plasma Development