Getting Fan Ages on Drizzle

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Getting Fan Ages on Drizzle

Postby Whilyam » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:22 am

I'm just curious, how can I get my Ages onto Drizzle? I would normally update my Ages trough the UAM, but I was told I didn't need that anymore and that Drizzle would work fine. Now I have three updated Ages and I can't do a "public library submission". Do I just wait until Dustin or whoever converts my Age to .7z and puts it on the Drizzle server?
Whilyam

Re: Getting Fan Ages on Drizzle

Postby Erik » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:39 am

Yes, I think you have to wait for Old Wolle to upload your Age on the UAM server. That's the only disadvantage of using Drizzle IMO, that you can't upload Ages to the server yourself.
Erik

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:30 am

Whilyam wrote:Now I have three updated Ages and I can't do a "public library submission".

Why not? Is there a problem with the ULM domain transition? Both the soon to expire URL ulm.hbyte.net and the new URL ulm[dot]wolfshire[dot]co[dot]uk work for me at the moment.

You can still do both. Submit to ULM and notify Old Wolle or diafero for UAM. That way you are covering all bases.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby ddb174 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:27 am

I think you're about the only person using ULM still ;) But yes, it's fine to just upload it there, because Wolle checks it and adds everything there to UAM. It seems most other authors just send it directly to Wolle or me, because the users who actually want to visit Fan Ages have almost all figured out that there are dozens missing in ULM, but all are present in UAM.

For anyone who does want to send them directly (because it is very hard to upload to ULM), you can use any method to get them to us: email, ftp, rapidshare, whatever works. And we don't censor anything, so anything submitted will be used, and if there is a problem (like broken sum file) we'll help you fix it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the updated Fens, Bimevi, and Toroolbah are on UAM now. As a side note, Whilyam, I really liked running around on the ledge of Bimevi while talking with people, but I see that you have removed it, so perhaps you could add it back if you make a new version ;)
ddb174

Postby Whilyam » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks for the info. The reason I can't do the "public library submission" is because, as I said, I don't have the ULM installed, only Drizzle. And I can't find a way to re-submit a library submission (to update the Age files).

Also, Bimevi's ledge is still there, I just got rid of the giant disc of land around it. I might put it back in, but for now you could always use the similar "big disk" in Fens. :lol:
Whilyam

Postby Chacal » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 pm

The ledge is enough, as long as I can use it to jump into giant plants!
Edit: well now it is too small for /jumping on it. :(
Last edited by Chacal on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby GregW11 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Strange, neither of the ULM addresses seem to work. Is this something to do with the way Drizzle handles Ages?

edit: not that it really matters, since it seems that the Drizzle server has all the Ages hbyte/wolfshire have...
GregW11

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:22 am

Strange, neither of the ULM addresses seem to work. Is this something to do with the way Drizzle handles Ages?
Drizle aka UAM uses a completely different system than ULM, so this can not have anything to do with each other. Or did you try entering the ULM addresses in UAM? That can not work, for the same reason.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Yeah, that was the problem, I tried putting the ULM address into the UAM server address, that would be the problem.
GregW11

Return to Plasma Development