Error: Age [MOUL age] not installed on this machine

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Error: Age [MOUL age] not installed on this machine

Postby rubimai » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:44 am

The story thus far...

When I click on the linking book for any MOUL age, I get
“Error: The age [MOUL age] is not available on your PC.”
If I type the /link command into my Offline KI, I get the variation
“Error: Age [MOUL age] not installed on this machine.”

I am using XP, Media Center Ed.

I just discovered last week that I could re-visit MOUL via Drizzle. I updated my Java; installed the .NET framework; and downloaded, installed, and ran Drizzle 19. I downloaded CC and my MOUL files, the Offline KI, and a couple of new ages. I ran Sound Decompress. I have been able to access everything in CC and the fan-made ages that I downloaded. The \data folder that I point Drizzle to contains the .age, .fni, .sum and .prp files for each MOUL age. I do not write Ages and have no other creation tools downloaded. Yesterday I updated to Drizzle 20 and reconverted all my files. This morning I ran Conversion(Simplicity) again. The log is below.

Oolbahnneea has been updated with new puzzles, and the Offline-KI 2.7.4 has just been released!
Ages not installed: 68
Checking the folders you gave...
Starting conversion...
Dont forget to run SoundDecompress.exe in your Pots folder, in order to get the sounds working! (You can also click the SoundDecompress button on the form if you prefer.) (If SoundDecompress crashes, it means you have to log into Uru, quit, then try again.)
Conversion completed!
SoundDecompress launched!
Uru launched!

The problem has not changed.

Can anyone help?
rubimai

Re: Error: Age [MOUL age] not installed on this machine

Postby Erik » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:14 am

The \data folder that I point Drizzle to (..)

You should point Drizzle to the main Uru folder, not the dat folder. Perhaps that's the problem?
Erik

Postby rubimai » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:17 am

I am pointing Drizzle to my "\GameTap\games\140000150\data" folder, which contains the TOS.txt file, as requested by Drizzle. The \data folder also contains the .avi, .dat, and .sfx folders.
rubimai

Postby Old Wolle » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:56 am

Hi rubimai,
you also have a thread running in the GoMa-forums here.
Some people who answer here did not know from this thread.
In the future I will answer here, not in the GoMa-thread.

When I read the 2 threads then it sounds, that you have 2 installations of URU-TPots and you tell Drizzle (Conversation(Simplicity)) the wrong path to your TPots-folder.
And when I read correctly, you are able to run every fan-age you downloaded with the UAM, you can use the Offline-KI with all the features but when you convert your MOUL-files it seems, that nothing happens.
Is that correct?
rubimai wrote:I downloaded CC and my MOUL files, the Offline KI, and a couple of new ages.

What do you mean, you downloaded CC and your MOUL-files? From where you downloaded CC?
Do you have no CDs to install URU-TPots? Or did I understand something wrong?
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:57 pm

I remember a long discussion on MOUL forums about a similar problem.

Uru ABM can be a digitally bought and downloaded but if you try add an xpack it will not work because it will ask for the cd #1 which is not available if one has a digital download.

One of the posts by that person...
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 694#286694

Myst series/Uru ABM digital client download at "fileplanet" (registration needed)...
http://www.fileplanet.com/99459/0/0/0/1 ... me_Clients
Nanouk-GoW

Postby rubimai » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:29 am

OK, I used the wrong term for accessing the CC files. I do have the disk for that, which I used when starting Drizzle. Then I used the "Official No-CD Patch" in Drizzle. So my URU files other than the MOUL files, came from the disk. I have not had any problems with the ABM or POTS files. The Ages I cannot reach, despite the fact that all their linking books have appeared in my Bevin and my City, are the ages specific to MOUL. Eder Delin, Eder Tsogal, Minkata, Jalak, and the Pod ages. It is for each of these ages that I get the error messages that I reported at the beginning of this thread.
rubimai

Postby Old Wolle » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:52 am

Old Wolle wrote:When I read the 2 threads then it sounds, that you have 2 installations of URU-TPots and you tell Drizzle (Conversation(Simplicity)) the wrong path to your TPots-folder.

I ask again: How many installations of Uru do you have?
And when you have more then one... is the path to your Pots-folder you Drizzle gave by the Tab "Conversion(Simplicity)" the same as the path you Drizzle gave by the Tab "UruAgeManager(UAM). That must be exactly the same path.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 am

Uru CC comes on two CDs. :!:
Nanouk-GoW

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:23 am

Oh, and could you check in your Pots folder(the one you have UAM set to use), and look in the /dat folder there, and see if the file called EderDelin.age is there?
ddb174

Postby rubimai » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm

Wolle, you ROCK! I HAD used two different paths to my POTS folder. Once I copied the "Conversion (Simplicity)" path to the UAM path, my Eders opened right up. I haven't checked every single age yet, but I'm sure they're fine. I left my avatar happily sitting in the Delin garden, enjoying the bird-calls. Thank you SO much! Now I can go back to enjoying the game.
; )

And Yes, ddb, the POTS folder does have the EderDelin.age file, along with all the other MOUL ages. I was surprised to find them there, because I'm pretty sure I couldn't access them when I played POTS alone. How does that work?
rubimai

Next

Return to Plasma Development