Error: Age [MOUL age] not installed on this machine

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Error: Age [MOUL age] not installed on this machine

Postby Old Wolle » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm glad to hear that it works. :P
Enjoy the ages.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:07 pm

rubimai wrote:Wolle, you ROCK! I HAD used two different paths to my POTS folder. Once I copied the "Conversion (Simplicity)" path to the UAM path, my Eders opened right up. I haven't checked every single age yet, but I'm sure they're fine. I left my avatar happily sitting in the Delin garden, enjoying the bird-calls. Thank you SO much! Now I can go back to enjoying the game.
; )

And Yes, ddb, the POTS folder does have the EderDelin.age file, along with all the other MOUL ages. I was surprised to find them there, because I'm pretty sure I couldn't access them when I played POTS alone. How does that work?

I'm not sure where your files came from, but it's great to hear it's working for you now! Thanks a lot Wolle!
ddb174

Postby Attex » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:18 pm

I have CC on my system, Offline KI and Drizzle, but still can't access MInkata and pod ages. Just get message: Ages not installed on your PC. I checked the dat folder and don't see Minkata or any of the other MOUL ages. Would those ages be included in ABM? I did have POTS, which I downloaded at the time it came out, but lost it due to a hard drive Crash. Any help would be appreciated.
Attex

Postby rubimai » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Attex, do you also have the MOUL files, and did you convert them as well? And be sure that you are consistent in identifying the file paths. My problem was that I had entered two different locations for my POTS files; one on the UAM page and a different one on the Conversion(Simplicity) page. Good luck!
rubimai

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:03 am

And if you are using Windows Vista or 7, you need to work around some new "features" introduced there. I usually recommend moving your uru folder to your profile ("Saved Games" or similar), mostly because I can never remember the instructions of how to properly change folder permissions (which would be the other way) - that is what you get when you stop using Windows at all :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Old Wolle » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:08 am

And when you don't have the MOUL-files to convert because of a harddrive crash then feel free to PN me so I will point you in the right direction. :)
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Attex » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:28 am

Well, I still get the message Minkata age not available on your PC, also get that message for the Pod ages. I checked my MOUL folder and don't see Minkata in the DAT File; I do see the other ages. When I run CC all the linking books are there for those ages. I checked the folder paths in Drizzle and they are correct. When I run Drizzle to convert the MOUL files I get an error message and the files won't convert. It did run the Myst V conversion. Any ideas? Oh, I'm running XP.
Attex

Postby Erik » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:57 am

Attex wrote:I checked my MOUL folder and don't see Minkata in the DAT File; I do see the other ages.

It seems that Minkata simply isn't present on your MOUL installation. If you don't have the Minkata files, Drizzle can't convert them either.
Erik

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:16 am

Attex wrote:....I checked my MOUL folder and don't see Minkata in the DAT File; I do see the other ages.

Out of curiosity, did you ever link to the Minkata age when the game was online ?

Here is an image of the Minkata files in the MOUL/dat folder...
Attachments
MOUL- dat- Minkata files.JPG
MOUL- dat- Minkata files.JPG (18.51 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Attex » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Nanouk-GoW wrote:
Attex wrote:....I checked my MOUL folder and don't see Minkata in the DAT File; I do see the other ages.

Out of curiosity, did you ever link to the Minkata age when the game was online ?

Here is an image of the Minkata files in the MOUL/dat folder...

Yes, I did link to Minkata, but after live closed I had a Hard Drive crash. I recovered most of the files on the HD using, File Scavenger, but it seems some things are missing or corrupted.
Attex

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development