Offline KI 2.8

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.8

Postby diafero » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:26 am

Ok, it seems there is some confusion here :D

Actually, if I think about it, there are quite many ways changes are done:
- When Drizzle converts a full age, it does some changes to the prp files (like in Minkata to fix the craters)
- In addition, Drizzle convert single prp files from some ages (like the Bahro in city and hood or the lake meter). These files are just copied into the destination folder without touching the age file.
- Race's additions simply copy prp files into the dat folder without touching the age file
- The Offline KI adds prp files and puts them into the age file
The files which are not put into the age folder need "support" by the Offline KI, which means they are added to a list of prp files for each age which the Offline KI will load in addition to the files listed in the age file. This has the big advantage of us not needing to touch the age file, so that Drizzle can still convert files to a previously empty folder and Race's additions don't have to overwrite your age files and "assume" what else you have installed.
I hope that cleared some things, if not, don't hesitate to ask :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:21 pm

The only thing that is still not clear for me is... :oops:

What do I need to do to get the solid ground outside Payiferen ?
Nanouk-GoW

Postby ddb174 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:05 pm

Install Race's latest "Myst5/CT Improvements". Install the latest Offline-KI. It should then work.
ddb174

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:52 am

ddb174 wrote:Install Race's latest "Myst5/CT Improvements". Install the latest Offline-KI. It should then work.

Now you are talking. Image

That did the work. :idea:

It should be noted that you need the flymode to get outside and use the first view because in third view, the camera stays inside the Pod.

Thank you Master ddb174.
(Btw, I saw your helping "hand" at the GoMa)
Nanouk-GoW

Postby GregW11 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm

I just realized something: since the middle area in the Museum with the Pod Ages now contains a link to the one in Myst V, what happened to the Relto page that used to be there? Was it not working or something?
GregW11

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:41 pm

GregW11 wrote:I just realized something: since the middle area in the Museum with the Pod Ages now contains a link to the one in Myst V, what happened to the Relto page that used to be there? Was it not working or something?

Isn't it on a pedestal on the other side in TPOTS?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby GregW11 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I'll have to go check, maybe it moved and I didn't realize it...

edit: I already got it and didn't realize it =/ Wow, I'm being observant...
GregW11

Postby diafero » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:03 am

It always was on that other side in TPOTS, and we didn't feel like changing it :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:33 pm

I was too used to MOUL when it was over on the pod Ages side...
GregW11

Previous

Return to Plasma Development