Offline KI 2.8

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 2.8

Postby diafero » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:23 pm

After much work, version 2.8 of the Offline KI is finally done!

The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your offline game. It allows you to create and play marker missions and to run KI commands. In addition, it allows you to reach the MOUL, Myst V, Crowthistle and fan ages: All of them are integrated into the existing environment.

To get more documentation of old and new Offline KI features as well as the installation, read the Webseite and the wiki page at http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI . The latest version can also be downloaded via Drizzle.

The changes of the latest version are:
* The covers of the books in Relto can now be changed - thanks to Dustin for his work!
* Re-arranged the Relto Shelf: The center area will now contain the most recently updated ages
* New command "/updateshelf" to get the latest set of books. The KI will automatically remind you if your last update is more than three weeks ago. You can silence this message for the next three weeks using "/updateshelf silence".
* New command "/loadscript": Loads a textfile which cotnains a list of KI commands (one per line) which can be launched one after the other by clicking Ctrl+Pause. Perfect for running commands while doing a video!
* Added support for Race's Payiferen addition (walkable desert)
* Added recently released ages and updated linking panels
* Fixed problem of the MicroKI (the one you get before getting the full one in Gahreesen) not always working
* Fixed (removed) floating tree in Relto when islands page was disabled
* New and extended plugin interface to add your own KI commands
* Internal re-organization to make working on the KI easier

We already have nice covers for some of the ages:
If you are an age-writer and want to create a cover for your age, please read the documentation at http://diafero.bplaced.net/technical.html.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 2.8

Postby GregW11 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:45 pm

It feels so much nicer now, even better than it did with MOUL because of the custom Ages! The confusion of which book is which is almost finally gone.

Great Independence Day gift to the community diafero!

edit: The /updateshelf command doesn't work, I get the error "No module named _socket" Just a heads-up, I don't think that's the intended response when there is nothing new...
GregW11

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:24 am

I am glad you like it :)

Indeed, /updateshelf is broken because I forgot to include a file. Version 2.8.1 which I will hopefully release next weekend will fix that - and it will hopefully contain some more covers made by age-writers :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:41 am

This is awesome.
Thanks to diafero and Dustin.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Darien » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:35 am

I noticed that the floor at the bottom of the Great Shaft (Myst V) has still not been locked in it's full, upright position. :P

There was one other little thing. I always hit esc twice to skip the logos at startup. But now when I do that my game starts in flymode. If I let the ubi and cyan logos run through their animation, I start normally. It seems that the flymode trigger loads before the game loads. It's no big deal, I can get used to it. I just thought I'd mention it.
Darien

Postby Old Wolle » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:41 am

Darien wrote:There was one other little thing. I always hit esc twice to skip the logos at startup. But now when I do that my game starts in flymode. If I let the ubi and cyan logos run through their animation, I start normally. It seems that the flymode trigger loads before the game loads. It's no big deal, I can get used to it. I just thought I'd mention it.

You don't need to use the ESC-key to skip the logos, you can use an other key like "SPACE" or you can click with the mouse.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby GregW11 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:54 am

Darien, your issue with the Shaft in Myst V is a conversion issue, re-converting using Drizzle20 may solve it (haven't tried it myself, but it may work)
GregW11

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:25 am

Darien wrote:I noticed that the floor at the bottom of the Great Shaft (Myst V) has still not been locked in it's full, upright position. :P
That must be something on your end then, before doing the release I verified that it is up exactly for the reason that you reported it. To fix tht you could try to re-convert (as suggested GregW11) by the files and to removed the "DescentMystV_something.sav" file from your avatar's folder.

Darien wrote:There was one other little thing. I always hit esc twice to skip the logos at startup. But now when I do that my game starts in flymode. If I let the ubi and cyan logos run through their animation, I start normally. It seems that the flymode trigger loads before the game loads. It's no big deal, I can get used to it. I just thought I'd mention it.
As an alternative to what Old Wolle suggested, try removing the files "Intro0.bik" and "Intro1.bik" from the "avi" directory - then Uru won't play the intro videos at all :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Darien » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:40 pm

I've been playing around with this all day and still could not get a new avatar to show the floor up. My old avatar still has the floor up. Copying this installation to a safe location, I then re-installed Uru:CC and deleted my Drizzle 20 .dat file and started over. After all this, the floor is still down. What am I doing wrong? :(
Darien

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:47 pm

I will try again, but I checked reseting the age for my old avatar and it worked, which should be the same... hm.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development