Offline KI 2.8

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.8

Postby Jeffrey » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:39 pm

This may seem like an odd request, but is there any way the items (Music Box Relto Page, KI Light, Spark and Watsons Journal) can be set to be found in the Myst V Shaft and the spawn points for the Descent can go directly there as well. It seems kinda redundent that the Descent still be present when the Myst V shaft has the same thigs, but more. Just wondering. I would try this on my own, but my knowledge of Blender and all things Uru programing is very very limited. :D
Jeffrey

Postby Darien » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:58 pm

This may sound odd, but now my Myst V Descent floor is up! It worked once I rebooted. Maybe I should have tried that sooner. :oops:

Thanks for all the work you put into this, Diafero and for putting up with my nonstop barrage of bug reports and suggestions. :) I really like the new book covers (and that the floating relto tree is gone! :D )

Edit: I think I have this figured out. It didn't have anything to do with rebooting my machine. With every new avatar I create, their first visit to the Great Shaft shows the floor down. On their second visit, the floor is up. I've been able to duplicate this a few times. I'm not sure why this is, but that's what's happening.
Darien

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:09 am

Small bugs report re: Offline KI 2.8 and Drizzle 20.

1- If I use the escape key to skip the two login cinematics, I am in flymode when I get to Relto.

2- The outside of Payiferen is not solid for me.

3- The light switch will not stay up in In Payiferen or in Negilahn
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Darien » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:07 am

Nanouk,
1 - I asked this question earlier in this thread.
Old Wolle wrote:You don't need to use the ESC-key to skip the logos, you can use an other key like "SPACE" or you can click with the mouse.

diafero wrote:As an alternative to what Old Wolle suggested, try removing the files "Intro0.bik" and "Intro1.bik" from the "avi" directory - then Uru won't play the intro videos at all

2 - Have you tried re-converting your MOUL files?

3 - I've experienced this too. Payiferen's and Negilahn's light switch will only stay on for less than a minute before shutting off. I vaguely recall this happening on occasion during MOUL. Perhaps it's part of the pod's cycle.
Darien

Postby tachzusamm » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:13 am

Darien wrote:3 - I've experienced this too. Payiferen's and Negilahn's light switch will only stay on for less than a minute before shutting off. I vaguely recall this happening on occasion during MOUL. Perhaps it's part of the pod's cycle.

Yes, in MOUL, this happened as well. But it was seen in a more IC way, not as an (OOC) bug.
Here's the story around: The only energy source for the PODs were photovoltaic cells. The energy they provide is stored in accumulator batteries during the day cycle. When you visit such a POD the first time, the batteries are nearly discharged, but can be charged during day cycle if you leave the switch off and only use the windows lucent switch or lights if absolutely needed.
tachzusamm

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:58 am

Darien wrote:Nanouk,
2 - Have you tried re-converting your MOUL files?

I was under the impression that the solid ground at Payiferen was part of the Offline KI and not from Drizzle.

I am not too certain what you mean exactly, re two options
a) Do you means doing a reconversion directly over my present Uru CC + MOUL installation ?

b) or am I expected to do a full new reinstallation of Uru CC + MOUL ?

re # 3: tachzusamm is right. It was night and it was the first time for me since MOUL that I had activated those switches at night time. So far, my saved games were doing the job for me and the lights were always on. ;) :D

Thank you to both of you for the help.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 am

@Darien: Thanks for figuring this out, this could explain the lack of reproducibility.

Nanouk-GoW wrote:2- The outside of Payiferen is not solid for me.
(1 and 3 already got answered)
As the changelog says, this new Offline KI just adds support for the Payiferen solid desert. You still have to install it, sicne it is in a different package with the (now incorrect) name "Myst5/CT Improvements". Update that one to the latest version to be able to walk in Payiferen.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Darien » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 am

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong here. My knowledge of Drizzle and the Offline Ki is only anecdotal, not technical.

diafero wrote:As the changelog says, this new Offline KI just adds support for the Payiferen solid desert. You still have to install it, sicne it is in a different package with the (now incorrect) name "Myst5/CT Improvements". Update that one to the latest version to be able to walk in Payiferen.

I thought you had to run the Simplicity conversions again to see the changes made whenever something new is added to an age.

For example: Just because the Offline Ki supports adding the lake light meter, unless I ran my MOUL conversion again with Drizzle 19 or higher, I would not have been able to see it because the previous MOUL conversion did not add the necessary files to my TPOTS/CC installation.

Don't you have to run the conversions (and sound decompress) again whenever "Myst5/CT Improvements" is updated?
Darien

Postby Chacal » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:26 am

No.
Diafero or Dustin will correct me if I'm wrong, but for MystV and MOUL Ages it works like this:
There are two possible ways of bringing a change into one of those Ages.

1- Permanent change made by Drizzle during conversion. For these you must re-convert your Ages when it is announced.
2- Add-ons, which are extra files installed by Drizzle. These are new functionalities or extras that didn't exist in the original files. Ex: Payiferen walkable region, City lake meter, Bahros. For these you don't have to re-convert your Ages.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Chacal » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:40 am

diafero wrote:this new Offline KI just adds support for the Payiferen solid desert. You still have to install it, sicne it is in a different package with the (now incorrect) name "Myst5/CT Improvements". Update that one to the latest version to be able to walk in Payiferen.

What is this support?
I just noticed that installing "Myst5/CT Improvements" adds "Payiferen_District_payiWalkable.prp", but the "Payiferen.age" file isn't updated, so in theory this page should not be loaded. And yet, it is loaded. Is this what the KI does?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development