Cleft Yeesha page imager

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Cleft Yeesha page imager

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:44 am

As someone described at http://forum.almlys.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=549, there is a problem collection the rainy Yeesha page from the Cleft: If you go to the rainy Cleft without having been to the Cleft before in this Uru session, the imager will not work. The page appears and is clickable, but clicking on it (which should give us the "GUI" closeup of the page, where we can click again to collect it) does not work. However if, after starting Uru, you link to the Cleft (rain or not), then back to Relto and then to the rainy Cleft, it works fine.
While debugging I found out that the PythonFileMod for this page is loaded on startup since it is in the GUI_District_YeeshaPageGUI, but the activator (the clickable region) is in the Cleft_District_Cleft.prp file. The OnFirstUpdate function of the PythonFileMod is called on startup, it is NOT called when linking to the Cleft for the first time, but it IS called when linking there the 2nd time. Obviously something is not correctly initialized/attached when you link there the first time in a session.
I do not know if that issue is caused by the Offline KI or if standard Uru also has it, because usually people will get that page right after they linked to the rainy Cleft using the book Yeesha offered in the sunny one. Does anyone have an idea how that problem could be fixed? I am a bit clueless currently.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Cleft Yeesha page imager

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:23 am

diafero wrote:I do not know if that issue is caused by the Offline KI or if standard Uru also has it, because usually people will get that page right after they linked to the rainy Cleft using the book Yeesha offered in the sunny one. Does anyone have an idea how that problem could be fixed? I am a bit clueless currently.

How convenient that I do not have the Offline KI installed. :D I do not exactly have standard Uru either but my version has the same problem so it is not the Offline KI.

The problem I think is not in OnFirstUpdate (which for some reason unloads the GUI) but in OnServerInitComplete (which loads the GUI).

A page which is (conditionally) paged in afterwards does not call OnServerInitComplete. So I guess moving everything under OnServerInitComplete to OnFirstUpdate would fix it.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:29 am

How convenient that I do not have the Offline KI installed. :D I do not exactly have standard Uru either but my version has the same problem so it is not the Offline KI.
Hehe, thanks for testing :)

I think we are talking about different files... I spoke about clftYeeshaPage08 as that is the file which should open the GUI. However, OnNotify is not even called in there when I click the page.

It seems you are speaking about clftYeeshaPageImager. I verified that the "OpenImager()" function in there is called and "ClickForGUI.enable()" is run, so I went on looking for the problem in above file.

EDIT: I wanted to reply to your edit, but that just got removed ;-) I will try your suggestion
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:43 am

No, putting the OnServerInitComplete part in OnFirstUpdate did not help. I also tried removing the unload lines from OnFirstUpdate, no luck either.
Even more strange, OnServerInitComplete is obviously called for that page, since the initializing is done without this modification, too... how can that be?!?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:46 am

EDIT: I wanted to reply to your edit, but that just got removed ;-) I will try your suggestion

Yeah, that was a mistake. I meant __init__ but that was irrelevant here.

Strange. clftYeeshaPage08 does not even load in the Cleft. It loads even before Relto, perhaps along with the global GUIs. I think it needs another PtLoadDialog(DialogName, self.key) under OnNotify then, similar to xYeeshaPages.
D'Lanor

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:20 am

Correction: clftYeeshaPage08 does load in the Cleft the second time you link there but not the first time. That seems to be the problem. Let's see to which object the Pythonfilemod is attached...
D'Lanor

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:45 am

Nah, that doesn't lead anywhere. clftYeeshaPage08 is initialized from GUI_District_YeeshaPageGUI.prp. That is a global page so it should always remain in memory. Except that somehow the cleft unloads it the first time...

Maybe we'll just have to live with it.
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:51 am

Maybe we'll just have to live with it.
I guess so, but I still hope someone finds another one these weird work-arounds for even more weird Plasma behaviour :lol: ... adding one more of them to the long list ;-)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development