Offline KI 2.8.1

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 2.8.1

Postby diafero » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:30 am

The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your offline game. It allows you to reach the MOUL, Myst V, Crowthistle and fan ages: All of them are integrated into the existing environment. In addition, it lets you to create and play marker missions and run KI commands.

The bugfix release 2.8.1 of my Offline KI is available for download now - just check your UAM. For more information about how to get it and what to do with it, you can visit the website at http://diafero.bplaced.net/ . The changes of this release are as follows:

* Support for some new files that will be converted by Drizzle 21
* You can use the KI for chatting already when you arrive in the Cleft (thanks to D'Lanor for his help)
* Added book covers by Mucol for the Garden ages and the "Big ages with a lot of hidden extras" - thank you very much!
* Fixed "/updateshelf" command
* Fixed problem of being able to open KI while viewing Relto Shelf
* Fixed problem of the Myst V Descent floor not always being up
* Fixed (read: hid) some doors and other blockers you could run through in the lower Shaft area, in Laki and in Todelmer

If you are an age-writer and want your own age to have a cover, please read http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI/Tec ... umentation for more information. Just upload the cover somewhere or attach it, I will then include it in the next release.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 2.8.1

Postby Darien » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:48 pm

I like the various open doors in Laki'ahn, that the pile of cables in Todelmer is gone and that the counterweights (I think that's what they are), that once blocked the lower doors when the floor was raised in Myst V's Descent, are now gone. These are very welcome changes to the Myst V ages. Thanks, Diafero.

Now for the bugs. So far I've noticed that when I create a new avatar it already has a Relto book on it's hip. Also I noticed that at first the Relto book can not be used. The book becomes active as soon as you start Yeesha's message. At this point I can link to Relto, but if I try to enter the volcano I link back to the start of the cleft. This happens even if I've linked to Relto and then back to the Cleft via the /link command. I can only get into the Myst V Descent through the volcano after I pick up the Relto book from the cleft (even though I have a working Relto book.) Also if I return to the Cleft by either jumping into the volcano before acquiring the Cleft's Relto book or by using the /link Cleft command before acquiring the Cleft's Relto book, my Relto book is non-functional again until I, once more, activate Yeesha's message or pick up the Cleft's Relto book.

Purely from an IC perspective, I would prefer not to have the Relto book until I acquire it from the Cleft.
Darien

Postby diafero » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:06 am

I'm glad you like them :)

Yes, your Avatar wears a Relto book from the beginning on now - the reason is the change mentioned above, the KI being usable from the beginning on. The two are tight together. And there is a known problem of not bein able to use the Relto book later on, that is right, I will fix it for the next version.
The rest of what you write is actually wanted: You can only get to the Myst V Descent if you already have a Relto, because you might panic-link there and strange things could happen then.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 am

I would personally prefer to not have chat, etc working in the Cleft if the cost is that you have your Relto book from the start.
ddb174

Postby GregW11 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:52 pm

What commands exactly are there to use in the cleft? The few times I've been there with new profiles, I haven't seen any usable commands (local to the Cleft, I'm not talking about global commands)
GregW11

Postby Erik » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:34 am

ddb174 wrote:I would personally prefer to not have chat, etc working in the Cleft if the cost is that you have your Relto book from the start.

I agree!
Erik

Postby diafero » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:27 am

There are no Cleft-specific commands, you can use all the generic ones though.

This now makes two people voting against that feature, with one for it (Tweek, who made that feature request). I will check whether I can de-couple the book on the avatar from the interface. It would not be a problem to still have a disabled book in the bar at the bottom left, would it?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Erik » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:55 am

diafero wrote:It would not be a problem to still have a disabled book in the bar at the bottom left, would it?

Not for me, as long as it isn't visible on the avatar. :)
Erik

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:27 am

Erik wrote:
ddb174 wrote:I would personally prefer to not have chat, etc working in the Cleft if the cost is that you have your Relto book from the start.

I agree!

I agree with you two guys.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Erik » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:55 am

By the way, I have two feature requests. :)

The command /set guildhall 1 makes some odd flashes at the Guild Hall, but the actual Guild Hall event was very different and contained smoke (or perhaps it was the next stage of the accident, after the flashes). The smoke was removed from POTS, but was there in ABM and UU. I think it was also there in MOUL... I recall that people reported they had seen the smoke, that everyone was gathered in the city, and that greydragon linked in wondering what it was all about. :P
guildhall.jpg
Guild hall accident
guildhall.jpg (95.44 KiB) Viewed 3717 times

Anyway, it would be cool if this could be incorporated into the Offline KI, but I guess it may be hard to do.

Another thing... the Tsogal stained glass windows are a bit brownish where they need to appear white. Could this be fixed perhaps?
Erik

Next

Return to Plasma Development