Offline KI 2.8.1

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.8.1

Postby Whilyam » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:21 am

I'd like the ability to hide the relto book's physical model (for characters who haven't taken Yeesha's journey).
Whilyam

Postby Darien » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:39 am

diafero wrote:It would not be a problem to still have a disabled book in the bar at the bottom left, would it?

That would be fine as long as the avatar didn't have the book already attached to it's hip. Also, if you are able to do this can you also make sure the book stays disabled until it's picked up in Cleft? Right now the disabled book becomes enabled after activating Yeesha's message.
Darien

Postby diafero » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm

I managed to fix the Relto book issue - it is not attached to the avatar before you really get your Relto :)

The smoke could perhaps be done by Dustin. And the stained glass was done by GPNMilano, if/when she comes back she could comment on it.

Whilyam, I could try writing such a command... however I think you would get it back on each startup as the game AFAIK checks if you really have all the clothing you need according to your KI level.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Hm... Considering most of the time you'd have the actual Relto book during the first play through of a new avatar (Cleft isn't that hard to complete...)

I've noticed occasionally in Jalak when I'm messing around with the pillars I will fall through them and panic back to Relto.
GregW11

Postby Whilyam » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:42 pm

diafero wrote:Whilyam, I could try writing such a command... however I think you would get it back on each startup as the game AFAIK checks if you really have all the clothing you need according to your KI level.

The idea I have (and I suspect Tweek has a similar idea) is that, at least for now, these relto-less avatars would simply be for setting up KI shots of so-and-so. So the Relto re-appearing isn't a problem, but I don't understand why the game WOULD do that. After all, the DRC avatars don't have reltos on them, but they never magically re-appear. The book is there, but it's invisible. Isn't there a way to replicate that? The avatar has the relto, but it doesn't APPEAR to have Relto.
Whilyam

Postby diafero » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:21 am

@GregW11: The Jalak issue is normal, it happened in MOUL, too. The physics engine does not move up your avatar quick enough to keep it over the surface (they did not sue subworlds for the pillars).

@Whilyam: I understand what you wanted to achieve. I did not yet test it, and the book re-appearing was a guess, as I saw code which does this if the KI is "upgraded" to a level it already has, and since some uogarding code is called when you link to Relto. I will simply have to check, which I will do (I have something like a job now [civil service], and as a result not that much time). I will let you know if and how it works.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development