What exactly is the Offline KI?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

What exactly is the Offline KI?

Postby Dragonwing » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:27 pm

I used Drizzle to install Offline KI, Official No-CD Patch and Ahra Pahts today ( just itching to see Ahra ). When I logged in, I noticed a new "button" on the small pop-up thing at the bottom of the screen. The new button says

>CHAT

I couldn't click on it. Since this is a fresh install, I don't have my KI or Nexus yet.

Makes me wonder, besides adding links to Ages in the nexus, what does Offline KI actually do?
Dragonwing

Re: What exactly is the Offline KI?

Postby Chacal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:38 pm

It does the same functions as the on-line KI (the one used in Uru Live, UU and MOUL). These are explained on the web page for the off-line KI (see first thread in this forum). You will be able to experiment withe those when you get your KI in the game. In the Cleft, it lets you chat only. This isn't useful off-line, but that makes it compatible with the on-line version which is used in some Shards.

It also contains code that extends the game capabilities, for example it makes it possible to add some new content without actually modifying the game files.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Dragonwing » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks, Chacal.

I've never had the pleasure of playing any of the on-line manifestations of uru, so I don't know what the on-line KI does. More than take pictures, I hope.. I'll experiment once I get one. I like experimenting. :geek:
Dragonwing

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Chacal wrote:.....These are explained on the web page for the off-line KI (see first thread in this forum).

Me cannot guess to which "first thread in this forum" Chacal is pointing to. :shock: :oops:
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Chacal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:44 pm

Sorry, it's not the first thread anymore (I thought it was a sticky).
The features are described here:
http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI/Features
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby GregW11 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:42 am

i've been wondering, is there a way to reset the fogdensity values back to the Age defaults?
GregW11

Postby diafero » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:42 am

Thanks, Chacal, that is the link I was about to post :)

Let me also quote the main Offline KI page which briefly describes my project:
The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your offline game. It allows you to reach the MOUL, Myst V, Crowthistle and fan ages: All of them are integrated into the existing environment. In addition, it lets you to create and play marker missions and run KI commands.
Of course, since you never player online, I guess you have a lot of new features to discover :D

GregW11 wrote:i've been wondering, is there a way to reset the fogdensity values back to the Age defaults?
Just re-link, changes done with /fdens and /fcol are not saved.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development