Cover Image

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Cover Image

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:13 pm

I just created a cover for my age in relto. I did what the tutorial said, but for some reason the cover itself doesn't appear. My age appears on the shelf, but it doesn't have the cover I created. Here's the ULMserverLinkBook line:

Code: Select all
[Book 12]
cover:SparklingPalace
link:SparklingPalace,Shinelight Manor,

SparklingPalace is the name of the cover image.(CoverImage_SparklingPalace, a png file).
Any Idea what I did wrong?
Justintime9

Re: Cover Image

Postby diafero » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:15 pm

The file must be saved as jpg file... *checks if he forgot to mention that* :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jamey » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Also Justin, try this for the code, this one works for me. Delete the () when making edits:

[Book (Insert # here)]cover:(cover name)link:(age file name),(age name to appear in the book),LinkInPointDefault,,,

Examples:

[Book 0]cover:jamey_studylink:jamey_study,Tsoidahl Sheegahtee,LinkInPointDefault,,,

[Book 1]cover:WNichelink:WNiche,The Writer's Niche,LinkInPointDefault,,,

[Book 2]cover:LostIslandlink:LostIsland,The Lost Islands,LinkInPointDefault,,,

[Book 3]cover:Craterlink:Crater,Crater Concept,LinkInPointDefault,,,
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:47 pm

@ difero; thx, that was the problem. I don't think you put that in the wiki

btw, do you guys know how to change the name of the in URU age not only in the relto shelf, but on the KI and in the Nexus as well? (so that it's different than the file names.)
Justintime9

Postby D'Lanor » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Yes. But believe me, that is a can of worms you do not want to open up. There are different name labels in the vault and the KI does not handle them very consistently. Sometimes it uses one label, sometimes the other and sometimes it does its own name conversions.

You could use VaultShop to edit them but that is not without risk. Whatever you do, leave the Age filename alone.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby diafero » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 am

Changing them after you already linked there is hard as all that is saved on first link-in. You need to create a new avatar then.

However, Offline KI supports "pretty names" and actutally making them consistent is one of the things I tried to achieve (it seems to work quite well for me). The AvailableLinks.inf file is used by the KI to set what it displays, and it's used by my linking classes to set the "pretty" age name when linking there, and it's used by Nexus to display the age name. The documentation at http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI/Tec ... umentation calls the name you want to change "Display Name".

Whatever you do, leave the Age filename alone.
That is indeed very important... I hope the recent example we had of this problem will stay the only one.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Thx, that did it :) (I even created a new avatar to test it on the KI, and it was right.)
Justintime9

Postby diafero » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 pm

Great :)

When it comes to releasing the age, please somewhere write that display name (in the announcement or similar) so that I can put the right name in the next Offline KI. Usually I just guess based on the filename and other indicators :D

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:13 am

Justintime9

Return to Plasma Development