Uru solo or live music/sound questions

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Uru solo or live music/sound questions

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:16 am

1- When we are in Relto, we can hear blowing wind.

a) Anybody knows the name of the file for that wind sound ?
b) Is it possible to delete it without causing an error bug ?

2- Indirectly related questions,

a) In the live version, were visitors be able hear the music when the cannen was activated ?
b) If yes, would it be possible to get a playable, similar cannen in a hood-amphitheater ? (parties or concert)
c) Could it be made clickable only by the creator/owner of a hood ?
d) Could three buttons be added to a cannen ? (previous/pause/next)
e) If I was using my Audacity application for the music, would visitors still be able to hear the same music I would be listening to ?

Thanks,
Nanouk
Nanouk-GoW

Re: Uru solo or live music/sound questions

Postby diafero » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:15 am

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to 1-a (how many minus points is that? :lol: )

b) Is it possible to delete it without causing an error bug ?
Yes, removing a sound file does not cause any issue besides the sound no longer playing (it might be used in mutliple ages though).

a) In the live version, were visitors be able hear the music when the cannen was activated ?
If you go on someone else's Relto, I see no reason for this not to work.

b) If yes, would it be possible to get a playable, similar cannen in a hood-amphitheater ? (parties or concert)
c) Could it be made clickable only by the creator/owner of a hood ?
d) Could three buttons be added to a cannen ? (previous/pause/next)
The answer is the same as for all the other modifications of Cyan ages: Yes, basically everything can be done. But I really vote for keeping the modifications of Cyan ages to a bare minimum. Instead, the much better solution would be to create a new age for this purpose where you can add and change whatever you want :D

e) If I was using my Audacity application for the music, would visitors still be able to hear the same music I would be listening to ?
No, Uru always plays the local file, no streaming over the net is done.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:35 am

diafero wrote:

No, Uru always plays the local file, no streaming over the net is done.

I am presently using Audacity to play the local files in my Uru solo game.
re: always open ogg type files with with this program.(Audacity)

Extra question, :D
Before I used Audacity, the installation was using IrfanView to play local files.

What player would the game use if I did not have IrfanView or Audacity ? Does it have an embedded ogg file player ?

As for playing my kind of music online in the next Uru Live, I guess I would be stuck to my Relto :!: :D
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:11 pm

IrfanView for playing sound files...?!? IrfanView is an image viewer, isn't it? I never heard of it being able to play ogg files...

Anyway, Uru does not need anything else to play ogg files, and whatever you set up in Windows as default application does not matter at all. It simply plays the files itself, or lets SoundDecompress convert them into wav files which it will then play.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Uru uses an internal player for all sound files.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Chacal wrote:Uru uses an internal player for all sound files.

Yep, found the answer in the StreamingCache subfolder in the SFX folder.

In my case, it's using Windows Media Player.

Thank you both the help. Very much appreciated. Image
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:34 pm

No.

Let's clarify "internal". Uru plays all sound files itself. It does not use any external applications.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Nadnerb wrote:No.

Let's clarify "internal". Uru plays all sound files itself. It does not use any external applications.

Thank you Nadnerd. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. :D

I have experimented a bit and found that in first view, the cannen sound does reach a few feet further away. Turning around, side stepping and moving away does have a lot of unexpected effects.

After turning off some green pages and removing some sound files from my StreamingCache folder my Relto is now much quieter. (I can only hear a Bahro once in a while. :lol: )
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:33 am

The different sound experience in 1st/3rd person is caused by Uru using the camera position as the "ears" to calculate which sounds to play at which volume. So in 3rd person, you are usually farer away from the sound source, and as a result it is less loud.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development