Drizzle21 (includes UruAgeManager)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle21 (includes UruAgeManager)

Postby Frits » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:14 am

I seems to be missing some MOUL files.
I have the files for; Dereno, EderDelin,EderTsogal, Guildpub-Carthographers, Guildpub-Greeters,Guildpub-Maintainers, Guildpub-Messengers, Guildpub-Writers, Jalak, LiveBahroCaves, Minkata, Negilahn, Payiferen, and Tetsonot.

Is there anyone who wants to give me the missing files? I would be verry greatfull.

Regards,
Frits
Frits

Postby Old Wolle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 am

You got a PN, Frits.
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby UnixMonky » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:48 am

Whenever I start Drizzle, the GUI opens in the top-left corner of my screen. Since I keep my taskbar on the top, the whole title portion of Drizzle is under the taskbar, and it's irritating to have to go though the process of [hover over the drizzle taskbar icon --> right click the thumbnail --> click "Move" --> use arrow keys to move the window out from under the takbar] in order to use drizzle effectively.

Is it possible in a future update to have either (a) Drizzle remember it's last position and restart there, or (b) not be shoved under the taskbar?

This did happen in Drizzle 20 also, but I've just been working around it using the method above.

I'm running Windows 7-RC x64 with the taskbar moved to the top of the screen.

[[ I posted this at uruobsession before I remembered this is the better place for Drizzle questions, so I apologize for the cross-post. ]]
UnixMonky

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi,

When we open the Drizzle window, there is a settings box at bottom right. The first option says "delete settings and exit".

I wonder what it means exactly ? What settings will be deleted ? Everything ?

Btw, I have a second question. When we delete a fan age, are all the extra files for that age being deleted from the main game folder and subfolders ?

Thanks.
Attachments
DRIZZLE- DELETE SETTINGS.JPG
DRIZZLE- DELETE SETTINGS.JPG (8.54 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
Nanouk-GoW

Postby ddb174 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:30 am

The "Delete Settings and Exit" button will reset everything in Drizzle to the default, and also close Drizzle. A long time ago, I put that in there in case there was a problem with the settings file, but there never has been, so I guess it is not important.

And yes, it should delete all the .prp/.age/.fni/.sum/.ogg/.pak files for the Age. It will keep the archive in the "agearchives" folder though, so you will not have to download the version again if you want to install it again.
ddb174

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:51 pm

That is a clear answer and explain to me why my installation got heavier over time even if all fan ages were deleted (exluding Offline KI stuff). :o :D

Thank you very much ddb174.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby ddb174 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Hmm... I see that the agearchives folder can get over 2GB if a person has downloaded a lot of old versions of things... Perhaps I should have a button to clean up by deleting all the archives for each Age, except for the most recent the person has. I see this would save 1.63GB out of 2.35GB in my installation, taking it down to 0.72GB.

Another option would be that the button could do that, but also replace the newest ones with files of length 0. So, a person would get back all that room, but if they tried to install it again, it would say the archive was corrupt and try re-downloading it. (Edit: I mean, it would automatically start downloading, no problem.)

Any thoughts?
ddb174

Postby Darien » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:25 pm

I've been manually deleting old versions for months to save space. There are, however, some ages of which I have purposefully kept multiple versions, like Cass (Tochoortahv), Bimevi, Fens, Janga, Jonae, Rell-Too, Toroolbah, and Zephyr Cove. I like the story progression of Tweek's and Whilyam's ages, the seasonal changes with Janga and Jonae, and the day/night versions of Zephyr Cove. And I just like being able to see the progression of Rell-Too.

I would not like to see a button that deletes all previous versions unless it had a pop up that asks yes or no (in case I inadvertantly click on it). I would rather see that come up as an option whenever I download a new version of an age. Also, would it be too much trouble to have Drizzle indicate which version is currently loaded when I have multiple versions in my agearchives folder?
Darien

Postby ddb174 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Okay, I'll have to remember to add the confirmation if I do put that button in, because it would be awful to accidentally hit it when you didn't mean to... it would mean a ton to download again.

As for telling which version is currently loaded: I agree that this is a good idea. The 7z library I'm using doesn't make it easy to get the checksums though, so it might be a little time-consuming, but I'm adding it to the "will hopefully do" list.
ddb174

Postby diafero » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:14 pm

What is the advantage of replacing an archive by a zero-byte file instead of just removing it?

I would really like a clean-up button which removes old versions, currently I'm doing that manually. Having another one to remove everything would be neat, but that can much easier be done manually than deleting old versions.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development