An idea

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: An idea

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:37 pm

Sounds good :lol:
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Well the panic link is hardcoded, after x-amount of time falling you automatically do...
Is there any way to set up a special link in the volcano like there is for the journey doors?
GregW11

Postby diafero » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:47 am

The volcano is already a special link, to get you to the Myst V Descent.

However tha hard-coding we read about is what happens when you are panic linking: Whether you are linking to Relto or spawning back to your link-in point.
Anyway, I think I got it working the way we want it: When you get a new avatar, you don't have a book attached, but you can chat and type KI commands. If you /jump -5, it will eventually warp you up. If you collect your Relto book, you correctly get it and can still chat, but panic-linking is now a real link to your Relto. You can then get your KI. Typing "/removereltobook" removes it permanently until you get your KI again.
Only drawback is that if you use /removereltobook without having collected the KI, it will give you back the book whenever you link to Relto. I doubt anyone would even have noticed that though :D

I will still block the Myst V Descent till you get your Relto book though, in order to test this change. If the next Offline KI shows no problems, I might change it to no longer depend on a Relto book.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Plasma Development