Offline KI 2.9

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 2.9

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:33 pm

The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your offline game. It allows you to reach the MOUL, Myst V, Crowthistle and fan ages: All of them are integrated into the existing environment. In addition, it lets you to create and play marker missions and run KI commands.

Version 2.9 of my Offline KI is available for download now - just check your UAM. For more information about how to get it and what to do with it, you can visit the website at http://diafero.bplaced.net/ , with the full list of features being available at http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI/Features . The changes of this release are as follows:

- The thunderstorm page and the Bahro pole page are now available and working (thanks to Dustin), completing the collection of Yeesha pages: 24 altogether! (requires re-converting the MOUL files with Drizzle 21)
- The sparklies are now available, too (thanks to Dustin) and will automatically be switched on/off for the correct month (requires re-converting the MOUL files with Drizzle 21)
- Added support for Race's Negilahn additions (requires downloading the next yet to be released latest version of the MystV/CT Improvements)
- Added commands "/removeki" and "/removereltobook" (the names should be self-explanatory ;-) )
- Added commands “/setpsnlsdl” and “/getpsnlsdl” to read and write the variables saved in your personal SDL (which is not in sync with the Relto SDL, but it uses the same structure)
- When clicking on a piece of clothing to collect it, Uru now asks you whether you want to wear it or not (thanks to Hoikas for this patch!)
- If you use the KI command to get a maintainer suit or to change the skin, hair or eye colour, that will be saved permanently now (it used to be reset on next startup)
- You can now pass "help" to any command taking arguments and it will print the usage note
- It is no longer necessary to write "/import yes <filename>" (it is just “/import <filename>” now), instead the KI does not allow you to store more than a certain amount of images to prevent vault corruption
- Fixed issue of the Relto book already being attached to the avatar when first linking to the Cleft
- Fixed issue of being unable to use the Relto book in the Cleft

If you are an age writer and want to create a cover for your book or a linking picture, please read http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI/Tec ... umentation for further information.

I hope you enjoy it, please let me know if there are any problems (though it is also always nice to hear things are working properly :) ). In addition I want to thank you all for your interest – the last version of the Offline KI, version 2.8.1, was downloaded more than 500 times!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 2.9

Postby Jeffrey » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Very appreciative of everyones hard work. It looks great and works well. Can't wait to see what you all come up with next.
Jeffrey

Postby semplerfi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:34 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Very appreciative of everyones hard work. It looks great and works well. Can't wait to see what you all come up with next.

^ What he said. ^

Thank you...

:D
semplerfi

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Thank you very much :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Szark » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:44 pm

I can't add much more to what's already been said apart from
Time to start another journey. Yay
Szark

Postby Jamey » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:25 pm

AWESOME JOB! :D

I LOVE having the cleft pillar and storm page in my relto. However, one nit-picky detail:

There seems to be a problem with the alpha layer of the sun when the storm page is enabled:

When you get close via flymode, it looks normal:
Show Spoiler

However, far away:
Show Spoiler

Do you guys think you can fix this little detail? :)

Other than this, awesome awesome job everyone!
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Darien » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:59 pm

I love this! Thanks, Diafero! But . . . (you knew this was coming, didn't you? :lol: )

Aside from what Jamey pointed out, I also noticed that the Cleft's Journey Door is open at the start of a new game again. I easily fixed my version with UruFun, but in future releases, I would prefer the door to be closed.

I also noticed that there's a Journey Cloth missing in Teledahn, the one by the ladder leading to the top of the War Shroom. I can trick it by copying my saved game into a clean Uru CC installation, touching the cloth there, and then copying the save game back into my Drizzle/OfflineKI installation. The cloth still doesn't show up, but my saved game remembers that I touched it and so I can still complete the journey.

I'm still poking around, so I'll keep you posted if I find anything else. Thanks again, Diafero. I'm very excited about the sparks and the Yeesha pages.

EDIT: Here's another small bug. After collecting the Bahro pillars for Ghareesen and Teledahn, I tried to open up the pillars with the Kadish and Gira books but they wouldn't open. I closed the game and started the game again. This time both the Kadish and Gira pillars were open. I started another test avie, flew to the Relto book and then tried to open up all four pillars. All four of them opened with no problem, so I'm not sure if this was just an Uru glitch or something to do with the Offline KI. All I know for sure is that this is the first time I've had this happen.

EDIT Kadish: The linking book to the Kadish Gallery by the first ring puzzle viewer is missing. The Tree Yeesha Page is missing. The Journey Cloth in the hallway between the glow-in-the-dark elevator and the pillar puzzle is missing.
Last edited by Darien on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darien

Postby Jeffrey » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:27 pm

Something else i noteced. After you rotate the spheres to get to the 4th sphere in Ahnonay, when you link back to Relto, you can not use the journy cloth page in the Ahnonay Relto book to get to shpere 4.
Jeffrey

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:26 am

Just started a new game with a new avatar.

Beside the above mentionned bugs, I will add...

1- The Yeesha bird page and the Sparklies island from the dry desert are not showing up at Relto even if they are in my Relto book.

2- In the Teledahn harbour room, the door to the upper room was open.

3- I had to reclick the gamma slider to get back my usual setting. (display tab in the game for my other main avatar)
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:25 am

That is a whole lot of weirdness, and I can not reproduce most of this...

@Jamey: Yes, there is an issue in the prp file created by Drizzle. I don't know if Dustin will be able to fix this, but I hope so :D
The fog also looks strange at some points since we are still using the fog layer which was manually created by GPNMilano. Perhaps we can let that be converted by Drizzle and remove it from the main prp entirely.

Aside from what Jamey pointed out, I also noticed that the Cleft's Journey Door is open at the start of a new game again. I easily fixed my version with UruFun, but in future releases, I would prefer the door to be closed.
Argh, I never remember to copy that back in... it's noted, thanks :)

I also noticed that there's a Journey Cloth missing in Teledahn, the one by the ladder leading to the top of the War Shroom. I can trick it by copying my saved game into a clean Uru CC installation, touching the cloth there, and then copying the save game back into my Drizzle/OfflineKI installation. The cloth still doesn't show up, but my saved game remembers that I touched it and so I can still complete the journey.
Kadish: The linking book to the Kadish Gallery by the first ring puzzle viewer is missing. The Tree Yeesha Page is missing. The Journey Cloth in the hallway between the glow-in-the-dark elevator and the pillar puzzle is missing.
Thanks for reporting, These all have the same cause: Cyan specifying a non-existing SDL var. I noted them, and there will be a fix for the next version - which hopefully won't break other stuff :D

1- The Yeesha bird page and the Sparklies island from the dry desert are not showing up at Relto even if they are in my Relto book.
Did you re-convert the files with Drizzle? All that works fine here.

2- In the Teledahn harbour room, the door to the upper room was open.
Which door are you speaking about exactly? "Harbour room", what is that? Are you sure you didn't open it before...? ;-)

3- I had to reclick the gamma slider to get back my usual setting. (display tab in the game for my other main avatar)
That is most likely something else, I didn't even touch these configuration files (neither Python nor prp).

Something else i noteced. After you rotate the spheres to get to the 4th sphere in Ahnonay, when you link back to Relto, you can not use the journy cloth page in the Ahnonay Relto book to get to shpere 4.
Ok, I could reproduce and fix this one :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development