Offline KI 2.9

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.9

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:00 am

Falling out of the vogondola ride is a known bug. The only one I had long ago in my then clean TPOTS installation.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby kaelisebonrai » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:13 am

Is there any fix, D'Lanor?

@Chacal: Well, to be honest, I'd love to, but, as mentioned above a number of times, at present, in OfflineKI 2.9, Sphere04 is inaccessable. The flymode and /link was merely an attempt to work around other bugs.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Rainforce » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 am

in 3rd person I can no longer see my relto book, but the animation of the avatar as the linking itself works fine
Rainforce

Postby diafero » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 am

Did you try the "/removereltobook" command? In that case the behaviour would be intentional :D
Anyway, you should be able tog et it back by using the KI dispenser in Gahreesen (again).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Rainforce » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 pm

ok, got my book back BUT:
I never tried this command.
that's STRAAAANGE.

edit: oh and BADAAM! *dramatic music*
*ahem*

EDIT#2: experienced the following: I have my book, link to the nexus, put my hand in the machine and.....lose my book somehow...
Last edited by Rainforce on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainforce

Postby Rainforce » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:37 pm

in jalak, I fall through the floors when I raise a platform and stand on it. is that a known problem?
edit: oh, and better, every block I create flies with enormous speed in a random direction if it touchs the ground. collision must be fixed here a bit.....
Rainforce

Postby diafero » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:36 am

The Nexus behaviour sounds strange, I'll try ot myself ASAP.

Jalak indeed behaves weird, and we can not change it - TPOTS uses a different engine than MOUL, and even there there were some problems.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby pogue mahone89 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Small glitch I encountered after installing 2.9: Not only do the bird and circle platform yeesha pages no longer work, but my stone circle and wedges have also dissapeared. I tried linking back to the cleft a second time, but that didn't do anything. The fire pit was gone, and there was no way for me to get the relto book a second time. It's like the Offline KI was never installed. On an unrelated topic, is there anywhere I can go to download and convert MOUL ages? I started playing Uru after GameTap dropped the project and never had access to it.
pogue mahone89

Postby GregW11 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 pm

kaelisebonrai wrote:Is there any fix, D'Lanor?

@Chacal: Well, to be honest, I'd love to, but, as mentioned above a number of times, at present, in OfflineKI 2.9, Sphere04 is inaccessable. The flymode and /link was merely an attempt to work around other bugs.

Try using the /spawn command, as this will randomly place you at either the link-in point or one of the journey cloth link points. It may happen that you fall through the floor, or it could load the area as you "link" there.
GregW11

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:31 am

pogue mahone89 wrote:Small glitch I encountered after installing 2.9: Not only do the bird and circle platform yeesha pages no longer work, but my stone circle and wedges have also dissapeared. I tried linking back to the cleft a second time, but that didn't do anything. The fire pit was gone, and there was no way for me to get the relto book a second time. It's like the Offline KI was never installed. On an unrelated topic, is there anywhere I can go to download and convert MOUL ages? I started playing Uru after GameTap dropped the project and never had access to it.

Please don't double-post. Dustin replied to this in the other thread:
Starting with 2.9 you have to reconvert the MOUL files to get those back. Those files have been moved from the Offline-KI into Drizzle, which is better from both a copyright perspective and because it now includes sparklies and the other two Yeesha pages

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development