Offline KI 2.9

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.9

Postby Agenotfound » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 am

A question: could it be possible to restore (without too much trouble) the beams of light in front of the takotah building (the one behind the DRC tents) like in Moul ?
I saw that the texture is present in the age files (after extraction with riveal) but i have now idea of what woud be required to make it visible.

Another question: i saw in the until uru files (islm section - Aguera) sevreal "construction" sounds (hammers, things falling,...) that are not present in the CC version; not being around during UU i was wondering if those sounds were related to the guild hall accident (there is a couple of files for the explostion itself) or if those sound were heard randomly in the city - If so could it be possible to copy the script (and sounds) to CC ? that would make the city more lively especialy for a offline version.
Agenotfound

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:06 pm

You could try some of the SDL vars, they can be changed in the game with /setsdl. A list of them can be found by opening city.sdl. Maybe the lights can be enabled that way, too?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Any chance in adding the KI IRC to the off line KI for those of us who enjoyed using the chat option of Uru live, are technically challenged and can not figure it out ourselves.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:13 am

That is actually the 3rd time this was requested. The answer is still the same: I don't have the time to work on such a feature which I will not use - I still do all this for fun :D . However if someone steps up and offers to integrate it, I can send him the sources and we could try to think about a good way to do it without further bloating the xKI file.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Erik » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:46 am

Agenotfound wrote:Another question: i saw in the until uru files (islm section - Aguera) sevreal "construction" sounds (hammers, things falling,...) that are not present in the CC version; not being around during UU i was wondering if those sounds were related to the guild hall accident (there is a couple of files for the explostion itself) or if those sound were heard randomly in the city - If so could it be possible to copy the script (and sounds) to CC ? that would make the city more lively especialy for a offline version.

The sounds were also there during MOUL. But, since in the offline game the DRC and their engineers left, it doesn't make much sense to hear them working, although perhaps it could be added as an option.
Erik

Postby Karkadann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:59 am

Ah well in that case I guess ill wait for the real thing it couldn't hurt to ask, I suppose. any way A bit late in saying but I realy love what you guys did with the offline version so much more to see and do I just don't know where to start. I still got some Idea's but am unable to implement them as I am not as good as I would like to be with the technical end of PC and programing ext ext.

Oh and one more thing.....If I am getting to be to much of a nuisance I know I do sometimes Just let me know I have a tendency to get obsessed at times but it eventually wheres off.

See you ..........where ever :D
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Agenotfound » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 am

a question on the way the offline KI works

if i understand well one of the aspect of the offline KI for Moul files is that the KI gives us the SDL and Python Folder of Moul which were erased each time we logged out of the game.

for instance i found the SDL that control the Memorial imager in the pub (without the moving texts unfortunately). This particuliar SDL is not included in the current version of the KI but should have been present in the City SDL file during Moul in order for it to be visible. therefore i ask is there some SDL lines that have not been included in the KI but are in the original SDL folder someone managed to preserve from erasement ? (seeing that drizze does not convert everything from Moul i guess only usefull things might have been included in the offline KI as well)

i ask this question because i tried to acces the flowers that were around the memorial but i have difficulties finding the exact SDL (if there if even one, might be controlled differently but if the imager model is controlled via SDL so i don't see why not).

So if someone had acces to these hypotheticals SDL lines from Moul that are not in the current offline KI that would be great if he could share them.

EDIT: it turns out that the memorial imager shows no text because it misses a islmMemorialImager.py file that is not present in the current Python.pak file. again if someone had the original Python.pak file we could (maybe) have the memorial back.
Agenotfound

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:44 am

The original SDL and Python files are completely preserverd and decrypted. However, in order for things to be shwon in-game, thge most important part is the prp file, and Drizzle does the great job of getting the necessary parts out of them and converting them to TPOTS. Offline KI then adds the Python and SDL to "fill it with life", and it contains the additions which can not be automatically converted.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby crazyraider312 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:17 am

So, I was reading about the Gahreesan wall potentially being made usable in POTS through conversion of UU files, though I don't think that ever went anywhere with Offline KI. I can see that CC has the .prp files, but I guess it doesn't have the really important stuff that enables use of the wall?
crazyraider312

Postby Karkadann » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:19 am

I found everything but the Python files, I assume thier stashed somewhere but I have been unable to find them.
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development