Offline KI 2.9

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 2.9

Postby Lehnay » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:08 pm

I thought I saw this bug reported, but can't find it in this thread -- perhaps I was dreaming -- anyway, in the city there's an invisible blocker that keeps me from going up the great stairs. (In a new game, that is -- I vaguely remember that the barrier is removed later on.)
Lehnay

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:16 pm

Agenotfound wrote:EDIT: it turns out that the memorial imager shows no text because it misses a islmMemorialImager.py file that is not present in the current Python.pak file. again if someone had the original Python.pak file we could (maybe) have the memorial back.

It will have to be rewritten for offline use. The memorial text in MOUL was retrieved from a hidden text node in the vault placed there by a server admin. This made it easy for Cyan to update the text.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Agenotfound » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:33 pm

About that, i was trying to locate the other "imagers", the ones that says "new books available, minkata, jalak, pods, etc." to see how this things work and adapt that to the Memorial Imager; However i can't locate this things in the prp files using pageeditor. I looked in the courtyard prp and library prp as well as in KirelMoul but i can't find their exact names or even the objects they're made of.
Does anybody have an idea of were they are located and what are their names ?
Agenotfound

Postby Lehnay » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Agenotfound wrote:About that, i was trying to locate the other "imagers", the ones that says "new books available, minkata, jalak, pods, etc." to see how this things work and adapt that to the Memorial Imager; However i can't locate this things in the prp files using pageeditor. I looked in the courtyard prp and library prp as well as in KirelMoul but i can't find their exact names or even the objects they're made of.
Does anybody have an idea of were they are located and what are their names ?

I asked about the "tickers" some time ago (I would prefer to disable them, if possible), and I got the impression that the information you're asking for is not easily located in the prp. (I'd be happy to be corrected though!)
Where did the "tickers" come from originally? Would it be possible to extract them from the source files in another way?
Lehnay

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:35 am

These tickers were imported to Blender by GPNMilano from the MOUL prp files. She then re-exported them to TPOTS after changing the texture (the text is hard-coded). You can find their objects in islmLibraryBooks and/or islmMuseumBooks. Adding an SDL var for them is on my list, be unfortunately GPNMilano seems to be really busy and I don't know of anyone else having the blend file :(
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jusme » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Any chance we can get a user-friendly KI that works?..Question..Can I revert back to a previous version or, after I have 'upgraded' to 2.9 am I stuck until the 'glitches' are fixed? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally amazed at what you have accomplished here...
Jusme

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 pm

I just did a test with an older Dizzle 20 version but it would not allow the possibility to use the older Offline KI 2,8.1.

I wonder if older Offline KI versions are availaible as separate download(s) ?
Nanouk-GoW

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:34 am

Due to a lack of server space we do not provide old versions of the KI for download, nor do I have a backup of them locally. However, you should have such a backup, if you did not remove it manually - Drizzle saves all the files you download even if they are removed from the server. So if, when you click on "Offline KI", there is a green check in front of an older version, you can click on it and "Download" even though it is no longer online.

However, the new fixed version will be released today, so you don't have to wait long for the glitches to be fixed :) (at least I hope I got all the glitches :D )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:54 pm

I also keep copies of all such things, so if you would like to make a request for a particular version(s), just email me!
ddb174

Previous

Return to Plasma Development