Solution for the guild hall accident

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Solution for the guild hall accident

Postby Agenotfound » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:59 am

i found an easy way to get the guild hall accident in uru CC (i remenber someone asked about it recently)

first you'll need your Moul files and a copy of uruCC with a working offline KI (tested with version 2.9)

in the sfx file of Moul copy the following files and paste them in the sfx file of uru CC

islmExplosionFx.ogg
islmExposionSource.ogg

start drizzle and go to the "advanced" tab/manual conversion/Moul

use the "Process a single file" tool and look in your Moul files (in the dat folder) for

city_District_guildhall.prp

convert it and copy it to the dat folder of uruCC

run sound decompress (not sure that step is necessary - old habits)

start uru and go to the city then to the takotah plazza, look up for the guild hall
and type the following command in the KI
Code: Select all
/setsdl islmExplosionRun 1

BAOUM ! (meaning you should hear the explosion)
and

and voilà !
Agenotfound

Re: Solution for the guild hall accident

Postby Erik » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:16 am

Cool! I see this adds the smoke as well! I was the one who asked about that recently... I'm going to try it out right away. :D

EDIT: The smoke works but I didn't hear the sound effects at first... I did put them in the right directory and ran SoundDecompress... It turned out I had to run SoundDecompress after running the game, it works now. :D
Erik

Re: Solution for the guild hall accident

Postby Dr Crisger » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:27 am

Thank you very much for this research it means a lot to see events that are part of the history of the Cavern. much appreciated.
Dr Crisger

Return to Plasma Development