Appreciation Thread

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Appreciation Thread

Postby Darien » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Since most of the time that I post in the Drizzle and Offline KI forum I'm (in a manner of speaking) complaining to diafero that the Offline KI doesn't work as well as I think it should. Since the extent of my Uru hacking ability ends with changing 0's and 1's in .sdl and .age files, I would like to thank diafero for his efforts. After all, I don't see anyone else in the Uru community trying to do what he's doing.

Typing /info into the Offline KI gives you this message:

"This is the Offline KI 2.9.1 by diafero
Containing contributions by Almlys, a'moaca', Ashtar, cjkelly1, DarkFalkon, diafero, D'Lanor, Dustin, GPNMilano, H'astin, Hoikas, Zrax and unknown UserKI programmers."

I'd like to tip my hat to all.

diafero said in this thread http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3331:
I hope you enjoy it, please let me know if there are any problems (though it is also always nice to hear things are working properly :) )

Allow me to start a list of things that are working properly (at least they did when last I checked ;) )

- All the Yeesha pages from MO:UL are working.

- All the calendar island sparks work.

- The Cleft's book pillar was added to Relto with the original four, giving us a never before seen Relto configuration.

- Many settings that used to require hacking the games files can now be changed in-game with the Offline KI.

- We have easy access to the Pod Ages, Minkata, Jalak, New K'veer, the Guild Neighborhood, the Guild Pubs, the MO:UL Watcher's Pub, and the MO:UL Ahnonay balcony room. All of which are fully functional.

- We can enter Myst V's Descent through the cleft's volcano, not to mention that we also have easy access to all of the Myst V ages.

- We can now see the various creatures in the pod ages. (I was never lucky enough to see these in MO:UL)

- We can change our avatars to any of the NPC's from the offline and online versions of Uru.

Feel free to continue this list.
Darien

Re: Appreciation Thread

Postby Karkadann » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:15 pm

The Cleft's book pillar was added to Relto with the original four, giving us a never before seen Relto configuration.

So it was planned all along.........you guys are sneaky. A little something for Myst fan to find, I thought the Pillar page added the four pillars to Relto, I guess it added the fifth pillar. Excellent, Uru would not be what it is today without you guys.
I look forward to finding the next Do-dad you guys sneak in sideway :-)

Thank you
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Lehnay » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks, diafero, ddb174, et al; all your hard work with Drizzle and the Offline KI is very much appreciated!
Lehnay

Postby Jeffrey » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:43 am

Yes agreed. Similarly as I said in a different topic, Drizzle and the Offline KI have really changed for the better my appreication for Uru. I am very appreciative of everyones hard work and I can't wait to see what all you come up with next.

I'd like to add a couple more things to the list

- All the book covers in Relto have the MOUL spines which looks cool.

- There is only 1 Pod book in Relto, as there should have been in MOUL since they are all in the same age.
Jeffrey

Postby Tweek » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:36 am

Yeah they were one Age, but they shouldn't really be in one book, but that's me talking from a lore point of view. As a gameplay mechanic it makes sense as it frees up shelf space.

But then I was never a fan of muti-linking-paged books.

But yeah, OfflineKI and Drizzle are fine examples of the stuff that comes out of the GoW that keeps me constantly amazed at how talented folks here can be.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby D'nial » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:12 am

I appreciate!
If I had a signature, this is where it would be...
D'nial

Location: In a world where all men are guilty until proven dead!

Postby UnixMonky » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 am

I'm definitely appreciative of all the effort that these fine folks have gone through to provide this access.
... and a bit jealous of their abilities to do so, I'll admit :).

My hat(cone) is off to you.
UnixMonky

Postby Lehnay » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Darien wrote: - All the calendar island sparks work.

This is awesome, I think, and a great addition to the offline game! It was really cool to see the August one (though I was a bit surprised when my avatar started sinking through the pillars rather than being raised by them!), and some day soon I will probably have to start resetting the computer clock to get them all. :)

And it's really great that all the Relto pages are collectible in-game!
Lehnay

Postby Karkadann » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:36 pm

about the sparks

Show Spoiler
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:20 am

Wow, thank you very much :) that came unexpected! Comments and threads like this really make working on that project much more enjoyable. I'll continue to the best of my effort and abilities :-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development