Can we move the Myst Book in MOUL Kveer to Atrus' desk

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Can we move the Myst Book in MOUL Kveer to Atrus' desk

Postby Whilyam » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 am

I would like to see this done, too. Even if not on the desk, just moving the stand off the poor guy's face. :P
Whilyam

Postby Agenotfound » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:48 pm

i've taken a quick look at the files an i think we could easily use the book from Myst V as it as it's own page instead of messing with the model itself.

i've tried converting the page from Myst V, changed it's age of apartenance with prp explorer and add the page to the current MOULKveer and i have a slight problem left on wich i would need some help :

the loading of the age is stuck at about 95% percent and i belive that this is linked to the fact that eventhough i change the age of apartenance the age ref are still "92,9" and should be "98,9" kveerMoul is listed as "98" i tried changing this with pageeditor but it didn't work; does anyone have an idea how we can change the age ref in the prp ?

also i tried another method but it might need some adjustments...

Hmm...
Agenotfound

Postby Chacal » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:18 pm

I'm not sure the save function in PageEditor has been fixed.
Try using libPlasma's prpmod for exporting and importing the object.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Erik » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:37 am

GregW11 wrote:Well yes, but K'veer sort of lost its sense of "authenticity" with it. And an IC note for the way Drizzle handled the Ages: I highly doubt the DRC would have put a Link to the "dying" version of Myst on one of the pedestals like that, since the Age is very unstable...

Well, the DRC never put a Myst book in K'veer any way, not even in MOUL. K'veer was released by Yeesha and a Bahro brought the Myst Linking Book.

It would be cool if the Book were moved, but it would probably be hard to do.
Erik

Previous

Return to Plasma Development