Future of the Nexus

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Future of the Nexus

Postby electroglyph » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:05 pm

So in the nexus we have the original city locations.

We have Private and Public links. Any Idea what these were ever for and how they were used? I'm assuming once you calibrated the KI
you could enter your own.

Now we have added the restoration links. If you are like me and have everything installed that's 75 new ages. This is great! There's just a couple of problems. First it takes a tremendous amount of time to scroll through the list. Second any private age I'm working on is at the bottom of this list.

Is there a way to make the private ages I'm working on show up somewhere else like Private Links? What happens when these ages get posted and go in the ULM? Will I need to uninstall?

If this isn't possible how about putting some of the restoration links in another directory to shorten the list? Some of the older ages like Bowling age could go into a directory called Restoration Archives. Ahra Phats could get it's own directory and maybe links directly to the developed shells. How about putting all the garden ages into Restoration Gardens. Some type of organization to make the list shorter.
electroglyph

Re: Future of the Nexus

Postby D'nial » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:53 pm

"Public Links" included all the instances that were for everybody's use, except for the neighbourhoods. "Private Links", I think, held all the links that other players gave you by invitation.
If I had a signature, this is where it would be...
D'nial

Location: In a world where all men are guilty until proven dead!

Postby GregW11 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:58 pm

"Private Links" was the area for your own local versions of every Age (minus the city and neighborhood). It was basically the same link you'd have if you were to go from the Relto bookshelf, just in the Nexus instead. I had thought that Ages the OfflineKI could not recognize (i.e. manually installed Ages or Ages released after the last version) would go there, but I guess not.
GregW11

Postby CyricD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:17 pm

It also, iirc, had ages you were 'invited' to by other players. If "BoB" sent me an invite to his relto, "Bob's Relto" would show up in my private links.
Cyric
Everyting above is "IMO" and "IIRC". Now I don't need to type it in every post. :)
CyricD

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:23 am

The scrolling is indeed an issue, but making GUIs for Plasma or modifying existing ones is not exactly fun, nor do I have any experience in that area. GPNMilano planned to make a fan-age Nexus with a new custom GUI, but she is obviously gone, so it seems we have to live with the current situation.

Originally, "Private Links" contained invites sent to you, "Public Links" contained public neighbourhoods and "Personal Links" (now replaced by "Restoration Links") contained your own ages, the ones you could also reach from Relto.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development