Sound card Disabled after instaling Drizzle

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Sound card Disabled after instaling Drizzle

Postby Karkadann » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:44 am

Hi Guys I installed Uru TPotS, and with Drizzle I installed the no CD patch, and the offline KI, and I got as far as the linking stone in Gahreesen , the game crashed, then sound card is disabled,
and for some reason FireFox has started crashing every now and again although I don't know if its related it started happening about the same time. Any Idea's.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: Sound card Disabled after instaling Drizzle

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:58 am

You can re-enable the sound card (assuming you mean that it is disabled in Uru) in the "Audio" tab - make sure that "Enabled" is checked.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Karkadann » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:25 am

thats just it the audio tab has been disabled and everything under it the page has nothing to check or click. Everything else that uses sound is also not working, When I start up windows its silent for instance no start up music

I was poking threw Sound and audio devices,it sez its installed and enabled but has not been started
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 am

That's an issue outside of Drizzle and Uru then, sorry. I have no clue what the problem might be. You could try re-installing the audio drivers and/or plugging in (if available) another sound card to check if the main one is just broken.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 am

If you are using external speakers check the wiring, especialy if you have cat(s) in the house. :lol:

Some cats love to chew wires. I have seen a lot of this problem when I was a Bell Tell repairman. :shock:

Also:
1- Check with headphones to eliminate speakers bugs.
2- Chech the volume properties and make sure all sounds tick boxes are on. (no muted-check boxes)
3- Troubleshooting a PC Sound Card...
http://www.ehow.com/way_5171422_troubleshooting-pc-sound-card.html
3 (b)- If possible, try a restoration point prior to a date to when the problem started.
Nanouk-GoW

Postby Karkadann » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 am

Apparently after installing the drivers they uninstaller themselves. I tried installing a different card and no luck. the first time this happen I was on the Pelishard the second time it was when I was using Drizzle after removing the Pelishard and Uru TPotS (the exe file used to uninstall did not work) I thought The Pelishard was being attacked and sombody put a downloader virus on his server (which I got two of when I was on his server) but now it happen from just drizzle without getting a downloader virus. I thought I removed it the first time?............, installed Uru TPotS, drizzle, the No CD patch, and the offline KI, then Uru TPotS crashed and I was right back where I started from, No sound no solution

Both time it happen I was using Uru TPotS with a patch, either the Pelipatch or Drizzle. this also might explain some of the things I have posted here as of late
Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Karkadann

Postby Karkadann » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Any way everything said and done I guess Ill be avoiding both.

OH and about the Cats chewing wires, My dogs used to chew electrical wires, what I did was I got some double sided tape put chili powder on one side and wrapped it around the wires, they tried it twice more and never did it again, and yes they live a healthy long life and died of old age. Our new dogs never tried chewing wires just everything else in the house I figured either way their gonna get a shock better from chili powder then electricity.
Karkadann

Postby semplerfi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Karkadann wrote:I thought The Pelishard was being attacked and sombody put a downloader virus on his server (which I got two of when I was on his server)

Please be careful with making such statements.
semplerfi

Postby Karkadann » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:00 pm

I thought I was, I don't know if I got it from Pelishard or Drizzle but I did get the Virus when I was on the Pelishard, then my sound card and firefox was compromised and again when I just had Uru TPotS and Drizzle.
I can think of several possibilities, but have no physical evidence for any of them. one possibility is it may have been an random attack in which case I think they should know, so they can remedy the situation before it gets out of hand.

But thank you for the warning
Karkadann

Postby Nanouk-GoW » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Suggestion:
Go to the company of your pc and re-update your sound card driver.

Btw, don't Pelishard have their own forums ?
Nanouk-GoW

Next

Return to Plasma Development