Hexisle->Uru Screenshots

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Hexisle->Uru Screenshots

Postby ddb174 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Chacal: I thought it would too, but I tried it and it's completely smooth for me!

Chuckles: There's a copy on eBay as well, but the seller currently says he ships to the US only, however he might be asked if he will sell elsewhere. And there's a new user on Amazon saying they have a lot of copies, so I emailed him about that. Perhaps that will lead somewhere.

The funny thing is that running around in Apple pies is considerably more realistic than an inter-dimensional neutrino communication beam :P But it is just like the people who complained about Crowthistle: if you don't convert it, you'll never see any trace of it.
ddb174

Postby Chacal » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Paradox wrote:If you don't want to visit the Hex Isle worlds, then don't.

Exactly.
Presumably people will read this, understand, and stop complaining.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Whilyam » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:54 am

Excellent work. I actually wish Cyan had done worlds more like Hex Isle in MOUL. Those sorts of "weird" ages seem more in tune with the traditional Myst Ages (boats stuck in the rock, spinning fortress, walkways through a flooded forest, not the mention the strangeness of all the different devices on Myst being lumped together).
Whilyam

Postby Jamey » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:18 am

Paradox wrote:You do realize that what you do to your offline game has no impact on canon, right?

Then what does that make of all of our fan-created ages then, and all the story put into them? worthless?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Paradox » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:40 am

Jamey wrote:
Paradox wrote:You do realize that what you do to your offline game has no impact on canon, right?

Then what does that make of all of our fan-created ages then, and all the story put into them? worthless?

Not worthless, but not canon.
Paradox

Postby I.Brattin » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:01 pm

ddb174 wrote:Chuckles: There's a copy on eBay as well, but the seller currently says he ships to the US only, however he might be asked if he will sell elsewhere. And there's a new user on Amazon saying they have a lot of copies, so I emailed him about that. Perhaps that will lead somewhere.

Looked at the one on ebay. It's going for near $150. Personally I think I would pass. And I am not sure about the one on Amazon who says he has many copies as he stated he is selling for $10 and is also charging for shipping and handling. Bringing the price he is asking for to $15. Doesn't the guy know that Amazon already charges for shipping and handling.

I think this conversion is just for those people that already have it. As I doubt the rest of us will be able to get it whether we want to convert it or not.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby ddb174 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:27 pm

There was one on eBay for $15 or so, and it was there for over a week I believe, but I see that it's been bought since I posted that ;) Yeah, $150 is pretty crazy, but I think that is more for the fact that he is also selling the original Cosmic Osmo game. As for the current guy on Amazon: I asked him, and it sounds like he has lots of copies of games in general, and not Hex Isle in particular. Hopefully an international seller can be found before Drizzle22 is released!
ddb174

Postby D'nial » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Flymode and Offline KI aren't canon either. People aren't levitating phantoms that can pass through solid matter and teleport anywhere by using their KI's!
If I had a signature, this is where it would be...
D'nial

Location: In a world where all men are guilty until proven dead!

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:25 pm

True, but that is for the sake of helping with age creation; the purpose of this guild. The offline KI and flymode help us inspect our ages, and link to them quickly, enabling us to make better ages.

Even being able to convert MOUL and Myst V ages at least makes sense, but What does being able to convert Hex Isle ages do? What's the point? You can't use the storyline, it'd be much more enjoyable in the game itself. I'm beginning to think they're doing stuff like this just because they can. Even the D'ni GoW had regulations, boundaries they weren't willing to cross.
Justintime9

Postby D'nial » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm afraid the "there's no point" argument alone is not valid. One would need a valid explanation as to why the practice is actually harmful.

(P.S.: I would like to point out that I am not an expert on the facts of either side of this argument. I am only making casual observations. I mention this because I can think of at least one instance in which someone got quite grumpy with me because s/he inferred that I thought what I did not.)
If I had a signature, this is where it would be...
D'nial

Location: In a world where all men are guilty until proven dead!

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development