Has anybody seen the bridge?

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Has anybody seen the bridge?

Postby electroglyph » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm

I picked up the page for the relto tusk bridge and deck.
These and the KI viewer worked before I installed offline KI.
Even though I have the page in my book I can't make the bridge and deck appear. I've tried turning on off, linking in out, closing and reopening the game.
The viewer down by the wooden deck had snow for a long time. With the last several updates of offline KI it works again, but it shows pictures where I've been but I didn't take any KI pictures there.
I'm just wondering if I'm using Diafero's offline KI do I get only his settings and that's why the bridge and pictures?
electroglyph

Re: Has anybody seen the bridge?

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Well, the Tusk bridge is a feature of the offlineKI, so should work just fine...

As for the the imager on relto, that should only show anything when you've sent KI-photos to the imager itself. Which is probably why it only had "snow" for a long time. The default Uru:CC version automatically updated the imager, but the offlineKI's version is more in-line with the imager that was seen in MOUL, UU, and prologue (I believe). I'm not sure how you could recieve the pictures in the Imager if you hadn't taken the pictures, since as far as I know the OfflineKI does not include pictures for the imagers. (I've been a long time user, and never had this issue, before.)

The bridge should definitely be included. =)

the reason its listed as "diafero's offlineKI" is because Diafero is the main author. It is not just his settings. =)

When you picked up the page for the tusk bridge, did you have your relto book at the time? (Since so far as I know, its in the cleft, and the pages do not activate until you come back to the cleft, after you've gotten a relto book)
kaelisebonrai

Postby electroglyph » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:56 pm

I'd completely finished the game before installing offline KI. I have the birds, the red butterflys, I even brought fireflys to the relto. Come to think of it now the fireflies are gone too. I had been back and forth several times and out on the bridge. I had everything possible from the complete chronicles. I never got into the online game, so I don't have any of those ages or the pages.

The viewer broke on the very first install of offline KI,though it's fixed now. I noticed the bridge dissappeared after loading an update. I think turning on rain gets rid of fireflys so I haven't worried about it. Just wondered if anyone had seen this.
electroglyph

Postby DanTheMystFan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:03 pm

IIRC, newer versions of the Offline KI don't have the stuff for the bridge; you have to convert it from the online files using Drizzle.
DanTheMystFan

Postby diafero » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 am

DanTheMystFan wrote:IIRC, newer versions of the Offline KI don't have the stuff for the bridge; you have to convert it from the online files using Drizzle.

Exactly, the bridge is added by converting the MOUL files using Drizzle.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby electroglyph » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 am

I have now downloaded the online game and done the moul conversion and sound decompress.

Show Spoiler

Any ideas why some things work and some don't? I'm running in windows vista. The games are installed in desktop folders so Icould have full write permissions. Maybe there is a settings folder stashed somewhere or a DLL that got loaded to the system. Vista would automatically lock it and never tell me.
electroglyph

Postby ddb174 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:26 am

(We can't use spoiler tags right now. Otherwise I have to view the page source and dig through the html for it.)

It sounds like you need to click the "Start..." button for both Pots and Moul on the Conversion tab. And don't forget to have the latest Offline-KI installed! (Also, the Minkata boots only work for female avatars anyway, so you will not get them in your closet if you have a male avatar anyway.)
ddb174

Postby diafero » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:19 am

Here's the content of the spoiler tag:
electroglyph wrote:I've been to Minkata I got the hiking boots, now they're gone. I've been to all the pods. Picked up the card for the oak trees.They never showed up. I've been to Jalak. I've been to the other garden ages. I picked up the relto card for the bench, it never showed up in my relto. I tried to find the card for the Er'cana plants,it's not there.

I started a new game. As soon as I got to relto the entire bottom shelf was filled with our books.They all work. I played through some of the other ages and got some things. The wood deck works and lush greeney.The neighborhood had a guild party and I picked up tee shirts. I'm still wearing mine and it works. The bench, oak trees, grass still don't work in relto.

Did you do as I wrote in the Drizzle thread?
diafero wrote:If you are using the current Offline KI 3.2, to get the full functionality, you need to run the Drizzle 24 "inplacemods": Select the "Conversion" tab and hit the "Start" button next to the POTS folder selection. This does not require any additional game, it just fixes some problems in the original files.
It is also a good idea to re-convert all games you previously converted, there were changes everywhere.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby electroglyph » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Drizzle24? Don't you mean drizzle18?...............Oh :oops:
I had been downloading everything as soon as drizzle had an update. I missed there wasn't a drizzle update in the list.
Re imported everything, the bench, trees, the well, everything showed up as soon as I went back to relto.The Er'cana card was in the age where it should be.

Thanks!
electroglyph

Return to Plasma Development