D'ni Clock timesheet in the Neighborhood

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

D'ni Clock timesheet in the Neighborhood

Postby Jamey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey there, just a small request. :)

Is it possible to place the D'ni timesheet on the table in the classroom in the Neighborhood? (as it was in MOUL)

Remember this?

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5715/nitime.png

I just thought it would be useful to put that timesheet back in there with the clock being there and all. Not a huge priority for the next release, but it would be appreciated nonetheless. ;)
KI#46415
Jamey

Re: D'ni Clock timesheet in the Neighborhood

Postby Agenotfound » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:10 pm

it is of course possible ( i did it some time ago) but will require inclusion in the Drizzle conversion process first. I remember a potential bug though, as it shares physics with the D'ni note sheet (or something like that at least), both cannot be activated at the same time and the Time sheet was dependent on the presence of the clock so we may want to change that in the future.
Agenotfound

Postby ddb174 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 am

It might be possible to duplicate the physics. I wonder if they were in the same position though? In that case it would have to be moved to the side, just like the Ahnonay storm page was.
ddb174

Postby Jamey » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:31 pm

If it is indeed possible to implement the timesheet, would the book on the table work the same way, or will that require a bit more work?

(Just curious, not that it would need to be added, but you can if you want :P )
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Agenotfound » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:13 am

well anything is possible but the problem is that the list of things that have to be included in the next offline-KIs is,...well, let's just say very long. A lot of the new additions required a new feature in Drizzle as the next changes do not consist in just adding stuff but also modifying existing CC files (not visible things most of the time but things like Vis region or attaching stuff to objects/subworlds...). So the new feature called Inplacemod will allow users to back up their CC files in order to retrieve them if needed (not sure about the exact details you will have to ask Dustin about that).

As for the case of the Hood you must know that the Hood from CC/TPOTS is very different from the ones from ALL other versions. Basically it's a "light" version were most things were scrapped down. the hood from UU or even To Dn'i has more settings than this one (this is why by the way a lot of SDL do not work in here). So at some point it was suggested that maybe we could, instead of bringing all the missing stuff in the CC hood ( and they are a LOT),create another version of the hood (think Bevin/Seret) based on Moul files that would offer all the missing options.

Also the hood is not the funniest thing to play with so some other stuff will probably be included before that.
Agenotfound

Postby ddb174 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Oh right, I forgot about that Agenotfound! Yeah, let's stick with the plan of making the MOUL bevin a separate Age. (Yeah, I said 'bevin', what are you gonna do?^^)
ddb174

Postby keiya » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Hmm, probably better to give it a separate name. We already have two Kirels and two K'veers (Three, if you count the one that's theoretically somewhere in Releeshan...) and two Descents and two Watcher's Pubs and two Ahnonays, give my poor confused brain a break! :P
keiya

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 am

keiya wrote:Hmm, probably better to give it a separate name. We already have two Kirels and two K'veers (Three, if you count the one that's theoretically somewhere in Releeshan...) and two Descents and two Watcher's Pubs and two Ahnonays, give my poor confused brain a break! :P

That's all this bad Yeesha magic... you forgot two Kadish's ;-)
Oh, and we have only one Watcher's Pub - the other one is called Great Tree Pub. And that was not our invention, it's called that way internally. If you count the two as the same, also add the 5 guild pubs :D
And how was it like in MOUL? >500 identical Hoods...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Agenotfound » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:06 am

ddb174 wrote:Oh right, I forgot about that Agenotfound! Yeah, let's stick with the plan of making the MOUL bevin a separate Age. (Yeah, I said 'bevin', what are you gonna do?^^)

well,.. er,

THIS IS SPAAA* .... er, no wait.. i had it.

hmm....

:?

But seriously having a Seret neighborhood would be nice. And thechnically if we set the Moul Bev*, the new hood with the beetle lamps it would be a Seret hood as it was intended back when Choru was up. (the lamp things was what supposed to differentiate them )
just saying
Agenotfound

Postby Whilyam » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:37 pm

I like the idea of having the Seret neighborhood, too.
Whilyam

Return to Plasma Development