IO version error in VaultShop

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

IO version error in VaultShop

Postby Branan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Here's the VaultShop log:
Code: Select all
Plasma/core/SDL/plStateDescriptor.cpp:198: Bad parameter: Bad plStateDescriptor IO Version

This may actually be my own fault - I thought my current Uru CC install was a completed one, so I went ahead and set up Offline KI. Turns out it was barely started :oops: . Something may have gotten a bit messed up... But Uru doesn't seem to be having any issues.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: IO version error in VaultShop

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:58 am

What do you mean by "it was barely started"? The state of the avatar does not matter for the Offline KI, it should work nevertheless. A "complete clean installation" just means that the game files itself are the original ABM+TPOTS/CC files, nothing modified.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Branan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:40 am

"barely started" means "Avatar customized, but haven't even done the cleft yet".
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:42 am

Shouldn't be a problem usually. I see no reason why an avatar can not be started with the Offline KI already installed (and actually some changes are exactly for that specific case - you will get the basic chat interface without KI already when you are in the Cleft).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Zrax » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 am

Paradox was running into this error too, but when he sent me a copy of his vault, I was completely unable to reproduce the problem on either my Windows or my Linux systems... Unfortunately, until I *can* reproduce it, I'm not really sure how to fix it :\
Zrax

Return to Plasma Development