GOG uru and drizzle

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: GOG uru and drizzle

Postby fyxa » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Alright, I re installed PyPRP, and I still get a "MemoryError: Out of memory" error on export.
fyxa

Postby ddb174 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:24 pm

You should probably post this in the Pyprp section of the forums here, as they might not be reading this thread.
ddb174

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 pm

The header you speak of is the plPageInfo (PRP Information) and the KeyRing (hsKeyedObject indexing)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby J'Kla » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:51 am

So two quick questions.

Will the download of GoG Complete Chronicles link to Drizzle for downloading fan ages.

If above = Yes.

Where is the default intall folder you point at.
J'Kla

Postby Paradox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:10 am

On start up, Uru loads all SDL files and Python files.
It loads the .age files for a hardcoded list of global Ages (things like GUI, GlobalAvatars, GlobalClothing, CustomAvatars).
It reads those .age files, and loads the .prp files listed there by name.

When you link to an Age, it loads the .age file, and loads the PRPs listed there by name.

This is why it is not safe to reference a texture in another Age, because Uru might not have loaded any information about that Age!
The notable exception here is imager static. That is used by the GUI files for the KI, and is always guaranteed to be loaded. So if you're going to use imager static in your Age, think about referencing that global texture and saving some memory/filesize by not distributing a duplicate file ;)
Paradox

Postby diafero » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:49 pm

From my experience, Paradox, Uru also loads prp files not referenced anywhere. I am using that to page in files that will only exist if the player installed Race's Myst V additions - Offline KI checks for the file to exist, and if it sees it, it calls PtPageInNode(). Nowadays it is listed in the age file, but even when it was not, that worked fine.

Not to mention that in the current Offline KI, the hood references a texture in the city, which all works fine. I will still change it, but the only reason is that people could link to the hood and have "Update all Ages on launch" disabled, and then miss the city file.

@J'Kla: GoG Uru is reported to work fine with Drizzle, Offline KI etc. I have no idea where it installs per default though.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:11 pm

The default GOG install point is C:\Program Files\GOG.com\
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa