Release Version 1.11 (2010-03-08)
Written by Joseph Davies
These scripts are aimed at MOUL players on Linux and OSX, where the automatic decompression for the streamingCache files fails, leaving the player with no sound, or worse.
Note: This utility is not needed for current versions of the engine used by the Guild of Writers and other fan-run servers.
Additionally, the GUI tool requires:
- wxPython - For the GUI
The script should work with Python 2.6 and Python 3.x
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install sox python-wxgtk2.8
- Install Python 2.6 if you have not already done so:
- Python 2.6.4
- MOUL does this fine on its own under Windows. Why are you here?
- 1. Either double-click the script SoundDecompress.py, or run it from the commandline.
- 2. Enter your base MOUL folder "Uru Live" or browse to it using the dialog. The default value should be the default for your system.
- 3. Press Go!
./sounddecompress.py -u /path/to/uru
This will start running the tool with the standard directory layout. If you have another layout, you can override the default directories:
- -d /path/to/uru/data
- -s /path/to/uru/sfx
- -c /path/to/uru/streamingCache
* Will dump audio file listing after audio conversion (defaults to ./wavlist.xml)
* Skips audio conversion; only dumps audio file listing after reading Age files.
* Allows override for xml output (implies --xml)
* Allows use of xml file instead of reading Age files.
Use this option if you have an xml listing for your game version/build and do not have libHSPlasma/PyHSPlasma.
- sounddecompress.py - CLI Script only (Recommended)
- wxSoundDecompress.py - GUI Script only (Recommended)
- sounddecompress.tar.bz2 - Latest release version of both scripts and Readme (Note: May not be compatible with latest HSPlasma builds if it's been a while since last update)
- moul-1.871.xml - Sample XML file for MOUL build 1.871
- 1.00 (2010-04-04) - Initial Version
- 1.01 (2010-04-05) - Added platform-specific default directories to enhance usability.
- 1.02 (2010-04-05) - Added game-switch.
- 1.10 (2010-04-08) - Added XML import and export. Enhanced GUI to use XML Import. Fixed GUI Dialog on OSX. Removed game-switch.
- 1.11 (2010-04-08) - Fix for user home directories not properly expanded (using expanduser(), not abspath()!).