Drizzle and Library Manager

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Drizzle and Library Manager

Postby Sheann » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:52 pm

Ok, here comes a real dumb Newbee question :oops: . Obviously there is a difference between the two. Are they competing ways to convert fan ages or do they work together. Just point my nose at the right place to find the information if it is a long story :?:

Sheann

Re: Drizzle and Library Manager

Postby Chacal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:55 pm

ULM and UAM (part of Drizzle) are two different things. Both are good utilities.
Getting them to both work at once is tricky and un-needed. I just use UAM now.

ULM is a little outdated and requires you to open an account at the ULM library and upload your files on a server. UAM does not, you just have to send the files to Dustin.

ULM provides an interface that lets you arrange your bookshelf in your Relto. UAM does not, it lets you access your fan Ages via the Nexus, but you can still arrange your bookshelf by editing a text file.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Re: Drizzle and Library Manager

Postby diafero » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:08 am

To be more precise, UAM just downloads the ages and puts them into your Uru folder. It's the Offline KI that actually shows them anywhere in Uru and allows you to link there.
ULM can do both of these jobs, but UAM offers more ages than ULM, and the Offline KI offers better integration (for example, it shows custom book covers and linking panels).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development