Offline KI 3.2

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 3.2

Postby diafero » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:11 am

The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your offline game. It allows you to reach the MOUL, Myst V, Crowthistle and fan ages: All of them are integrated into the existing environment. In addition, it lets you to create and play marker missions and run KI commands. On Alcugs Shards, it also fixes a lot of multiplayer issues.

Version 3.2 of my Offline KI is available for download now - just check your UAM. For more information about how to get it and what to do with it, you can visit http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI . The changes of this release are as follows:

- Be sure to hit the "Start" button next to the POTS folder selection in Drizzle Simplicity after installing the Offline KI. We moved a lot of prp file changes from the Offline KI (where the full file had to be distributed) to Drizzle (which can patch the file in-place). You have to do this only once though, and each time this part of Drizzle (the so-called "inplacemods") is updated.
- Added soccer ball in the city which most likely was created by Cyan during D'mala, extracted by unknown hackers and now put into a separate file by Agenotfound
- Enabled DRC and Cyan logos for the leather jacket and the long shirt
- Added SDL variables for the additional hood linking books so that they can be disabled - thanks to Agenotfound!
- Added support for the Kadish Gallery doors and the Gallery music player from Drizzle 23
- Added support for sub-age linking (thanks to D'Lanor for some information)
- German and French players can now also link to Eder Tsogal (requires MOUL files to be re-converted using Drizzle 23)
- New command /m to join several commands into one ("/m /firstcommand & /secondcommand & ...") - this is especially useful in combination with the loop command (inspired by an old AdminKI)
- Properly fixed the problem of linking while playing a marker mission - the game is now seamlessly continued after linking, so games with markers in many ages are no longer that annoying :)
- Fixed some locks in Relto not really "locking" the book for visitors
- Fixed the hood visitor loggers to no longer reset after 15 visits
- Fixed the Gahreesen maintainer suit machine to also deliver the suit if you already have it in your closet
- Fixed wrong linking images being shown in the Relto books

I also wish to thank my beta testers Agenotfound, Nanouk and Old Wolle!

If you are an age writer and want to create a cover for your book or a linking picture for your age, please read the technical documentation for further information.

I hope you enjoy it, please let me know if there are any problems (though it is also always nice to hear things are working properly :) )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 3.2

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:32 pm

More than 200 downloads and no complaint - it seems to work fine :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby BAD » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Great work Fero!
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Darien » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Agreed! Awesome job, Diafero! :D
Darien

Postby Karkadann » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:07 pm

I see we got an update on the Offline KI 3.2, now its Offline KI 3.2a. Anything new?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby ddb174 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:14 pm

The fan Age data has been updated, so that the linking panels, etc, are up to date.
ddb174

Postby diafero » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Weird, I am quite sure I announced it here... sorry for that. Yes, it just has the fan-age data updated.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby J'Kla » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:23 am

This is a request and I don't know if its even possible hell it may allready be included.

For testing purposes like positioning checks I would like to be able to run existing avatar animations from the KI before I start pratting about making a thing clickable whatever.

things like

A Journy Cloth Touch

The crouching book link touch like you use on the fish tank in Teledhan and the initial pillar touches

The stretch hold click on the fishtank

The jump into the spore hopper on teledhan

The lift entry /exit in Gahreseen

I would quite like to be able to do these in a given location to see which looks best.

Is there any way these could be ssigned to the quick keys for the purposes of age dvelopment I'm not likely to dance very often but I am liable to try a click height lots of times.

I do appreciate that the answer to all this may be NO! :D
J'Kla

Postby Agenotfound » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:56 am

you can use the /anim command look it up with the /help command you'll get more details.
Agenotfound

Postby diafero » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 am

Exactly that. And to get the internal animation names, check the file names of GlobalAnimation_District_<AnimationNameHere>. Yes, "Male" and "Female" are aprt of the animation name!

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development